Quake Live beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddle Jumper

Mod Emeritus
Browser-based games make up a significant portion of PC gaming these days, but it's not all just Tower Defence and Bejeweled games.

Going into public beta next week is id Software's Quake Live, which isn't really a new game at all. Quake Live is Quake III Arena ported for in-browser play.

Unlike Quake III Arena, and most other PC games, Quake Live requires no manual install other than just accepting a browser plugin. Although Quake III Arena does run across multiple platforms, currently Quake Live is just for Windows with Internet Explorer or Firefox. Support for Mac OS X and Linux are still in development.

From our own experiences with the Quake Live private beta, we found it to perfectly recreate the old Quake III Arena experience, replicating the “feel” and precise controls of the game that we so fondly remember.

Keep an eye on QuakeLive.com on February 24 and be sure to sign up for an account if you miss the days of simple, pure fraggin' fun.

Source:
Quake Live Beta Opening Next Week - Tom's Hardware

Quake live Site
QUAKE LIVE

I'm looking forward to trying it.

24th :eek: Too long :D man i'm stoked about this game now, been watching youtube vids..looks fanastic.

hey well i saw a video of 2 previous pro players playing it, if they play it, it must be as good.

if anyone tried this out, can you let us know how it is? this seems interesting, so its like a 2 days from now til the release... oooooooo... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom