Quake 3/Steam CS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhys

Baseband Member
When i try to play quake 3 online i get the message "server uses protocol 68" or something and it just keeps trying to connect, do i need a patch? I have an official key.

Also when i try to load into an online game of cs on steam it quits to the steam menu without even an error message, ny1 kno how to fix this?

rhys, this error means you are running an older ver of q3, you need to upgrade by downloading the newer point release patches. i am pretty sure they are at v1.32 now.

Alright man thx for the help. But nyway does nybody hav an answer to my steam prob?

He is right about the quake 3, as for steam, it is a big piece of crap software that never should of been created. There could be a number of things wrong with steam, i recommend going to steampowered.com and joining the forums and asking the question there. They may be able to help you but like i said, it is so crappy that the forums are packed FULL of unawnsered questions because not even the creators are stumped at some of the questions.

mmm i c wat u mean bout steam being a piece of crap. It actually updated CS TWICE in ONE night! but it also fixed my problem , steampowered support forum is overflowing with crap, i just left it and waited for cs to update:(

That sometimes happens to me in steam. I just exit steam and go back in then it works fine.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom