Quad core games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant wait to laught at all the 775 and AM2 boys when new sockets come out :D

Octo cores=8 core cpu's.

And dual core celeron processors.

I don't think we'll be seeing 8 core CPU's in the desktop markey for quite sometime, that would be useless for most people.

Octo cores=8 core cpu's.

And dual core celeron processors.

I don't think we'll be seeing 8 core CPU's in the desktop markey for quite sometime, that would be useless for most people.

wow...not needed.

From what i heard...the us military had the technology that we have now back in the 90s...
And for what they have now...we wont see it in the market for the next 15-30 years.

Eh, why is that? I will have had a top of the line computer for over a year when the new sockets come out. Why would i have waited over a year to build a new computer.

wow...not needed.

From what i heard...the us military had the technology that we have now back in the 90s...
And for what they have now...we wont see it in the market for the next 15-30 years.

I know really, it isn't at all. 4 cores is just fine, but I can't really see an 8 core CPU being needed on a desktop rig.

I don't think what you heard is right. Intel has been developing the Penryn for the past 4 years, it's the first 32nm processor that's ready and works. And that in itself was incredibly be hard. 32nm is beyond what they used to think was possible. And the guys they had developing that thing was guys with phd's in physics and engeering, they're like MIT students, extremely smart.

So chances for the army having something more advanced then that, is pretty slim. Sure I'm sure they use different microprocessors then desktop/server ones we use, but they're defeintly not something un-heard of.

Why do you say that? 775 has been around for along time now. Intel is sticking with 775 for awhile still, anyone that told you anything different is false.

AMD has a much higher chance of releasingf a new socket like AM3 for DDR3. Intel is going to use DDR3 for socket 775, they're just using different chipsets, they're not doing a socket change.

775 will be around until nehelem which wont come out until late 08 or 09. And dont kid yourself, the goverment doesnt use anything from intel. They just use that alien's brain as their supercomputer that they picked up back in roswell. :)

wow...not needed.

but its true.. i haven't seen the Celerons upgrade much since p4 generation, except for the Core Architecture which helps overclocking a lot... but why not get a e2140 for extra 10$ honestly... or for the same price the x2 4000+ Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom