Punkbuster installation issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I uninstalled BF3 and Origin to move it off of my SSD and onto a different drive. The installation of Origin went fine, as did BF3 once I redownloaded all 14.9GB. The issue came when I tried to fire up BF3 and was told that it needs Punkbuster. So I go to manually update PB and...

Failed to create a temporary file name (error 207: the directory name was invalid.)
can't open the file " (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)
Failed to copy the file " to 'pbgame.hte' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)

I have opened a ticket with PB but would prefer not to wait a week on them, so if someone could post me a screenshot of their PB installation so I can set up the folders and subfolders correctly I would appreciate it.

Or if anyone knows something about how to jerryrig this I am open to it.

I think this is what you mean, if not tell me and i will find the right folder. You may need to zoom in, its a bit small, sorry. If i dont get back to you today (your today) its because it is 1:40 am and i am just about to watch big bang theory. I will check this thread after in case you reply.

E6Iad.png

Thanks, mate. Yes, that is what I need but it hasn't helped my problem so far. I at least have the folders in the proper places now.

Yup, E:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\

I have searched out and found PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB and put them in System32. I have even performed a repair install on BF3, but no love.

Yup, E:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\

I have searched out and found PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB and put them in System32. I have even performed a repair install on BF3, but no love.

your going to hate this suggestion but reinstall battlefield and make sure the install punkbuster box is ticked when going through the setup stages.

I may do that. I am also thinking it might be time for a format...

Me too. I don't know when I will have the chance to format/reinstall. I have today off but it is booked solid.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I took the plunge yesterday and formatted and reinstalled. Everything is installed, including Punkbuster. And now it kicks me for violation #9006, not communicating or something.

Can't win for losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom