PS3 Controller on Windows Vista/7 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Well, finally after years someone has made 64bit drivers for the playstation 3 dualshock 3 controller. Now, some people have had success, but a few, such as me, are running in to Error Code 10 "The device cannot start" errors in device manager.

If anyone wishes to have ago and manages it.. please feel free to let me into the secret on doing it successfuly. Or anyone with an adept knowledge of windows tell me how to get rid of this stupid error :p

PS3 sixAxis dualshock3 for Windows x64 Instructions

Well i got it to work by installed Windows 7 32bit.

Now i'm not sure how to get it to work in GTA4..

Well I used a Xbox controller for GTA on the PC. All I had to do was make sure the controller was on and recognized on PC before I started the game. By default the controller was noticed and worked with out changes made in game. Try that with the PS3 controller.

GTA4 supports xbox controller, not ps3 controller. I'm having to use xbox controller emulator, JoyToKey program to get it to even slightly work. currently if i move the left analogue stick left and right it goes up and down in the menu's. All other buttons don't work.

So you can use a wireless ps3 controller via a usb-miniusb cord? Thats way better than the xbox since you gotta have a wired controller.

Say I wanted to use a ps3 controller on the last remnant, I would need some sort of emulation?

It's complicated. If you have a 32bit OS, pretty easy - 64bit OS, things get a lot trickier.

Some games will recognize it, many won't - especially without emulation, which is hit and miss anyway. However, i'm using a program called JoyToKey which lets you use the controller and asign mouse and keyboard functions to it, your PC thinks your still using mouse and keyboard.

I've managed to program mine to have very basic functionality on Team Fortress 2 (for fun) Right analogue stick aims, move with up down left and right arrows, R1 jumps and L1 fires. R2 scrolls through weapons. I'd have to spend a while thinking how to assign different buttons etc.

edit:

That made it sound like i set it up just for Tf2, actually, the buttons are assigned functions such as "W", or "left mouse button" so i can actually use it on the desktop. But these buttons correspond into my ingame controls.

for some games a controller is more natural.. like racing games if you don't have a racing wheel and such a controller is much nicer than a kb/mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom