Project C.A.R.S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
So I got my GTX680 and the game has gone through a lot of changes since I last tried it, so figured i'd give it another go again. As expected, this time I can run max settings in DX11 with 8xMSAA. 80 to 120fps normally, 60 to 80fps at night. Sometimes it dips very slightly lower if lots going on.

Boy does this game look beautiful now. The tracks have been improved, as have the car models (some of them anyway). Screenshots always seem to look worse than when in game, but bareing in mind jpeg compression, it being a still shot, in alpha.. it's very impressive. New damage model is awesome too, it seems pretty dynamic. I crashed at 5 different speeds, about 20kph different each time, and they gave suitably different results. Nice stuff :)

Yeah, it's not a normal beta though. The more you pay the more power you have in saying what happens to the game, and the more often you get an build update of the game. I paid the 2nd lowest, so I get build updates every week or so but not a lot of input into the game.

I would reccomend it to be honest, there is no MP yet at the moment, but there are a load of tracks and cars constantly updated, the handling is getting better all the time. At the moment it feels like a more realistic version of the original shift, which isn't surprising as it's the same developer.

It's actually nice to play the game each week and notice the improvements, somehow it makes paying for it more comfortable as you see all the work go into it ;)

Well if my Paypal wasn't so screwed up I would probably do it. I'm just so paranoid about putting money into games these days without trying them. Even if it is my fav genre of game :angel:

It's not perfect, but then it wouldn't be yet. There are some bugs, and some cars don't handle right, and some have no damage. But it's so much better than it was 3 months ago you would not believe. So that gives me great confidence it will be even better in 3 more months. The best car at the moment is the Gumpert Apollo pictured.It handles really well. It's not a super realistic driving sim, but it feels sporty without being dumb like Shift 2, and it does retain a certain amount of simulation and difficulty. It's real easy to spin cars out if you shift their weight to quickly, the brakeing feels great, you can feel and see the weight of the car shift which is nice - and with no ABS on they lock up and slide just as expected.

I have a video uploading but it's 1GB in size, and my upload speed is 50KB/s, so you'll have to wait till I wake up in tommorow to see how bad a driver I am with my 360 controller :p

I had to purchase a real car and needed money so I sold it :cry: :cry: it sucks a lot.

Have heard pretty good things from other people regarding FFB though.

Video has uploaded. 6 hours for a 480p video to upload. Guess it's my fault for being lazy and not compressing the fraps video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom