processes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesspren6

In Runtime
When playing halo or other online multiplayer games what processes can i end to enhance my peformance.

Look for the ones that are using the most memory. Google them to learn whether or not they are critical to the operation of your computer. Stop them as necessary. That's what I'd do. How much of a performance boost you'll get, I don't know. Would not expect much.

Majorgeeks.com made a nice guide to which processes you can end and which ones you shouldn't. I had the link once but it shouldn't take you long to find.

[Admin Note: It 's important to NOT give bad or potentially harmful information to members asking questions. You do NOT know how informed they are and they could do something they should not. This is not funny. Please don't do it again!]

wow... hopefully he didnt format his drive.. but if he did that would be pretty funny

Personally, i dont end any processes that dont take that much ram up..

(I have 72 processes active now)

I also made like 2gb of page file so when i play a game that uses more ram that my computer can handle.. all of the other processes go into my page file and my game handles pretty good

Pagefile is like memory that is on ur harddrive that is used as ram

Except page file is extremely slow. Anytime your computer has to access your hard drive to keep programs running it drastically slows.

Wow, that is a lot of processes. i thought i had a lot at 44.

Ive noticed that xfire is a huge resource hog. Try shutting down all programs like that, and making sure your virus scan is not scanning at the time. they are not processes, but they will help performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom