Problems with HL2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherubimon_3.20

In Runtime
Good Afternoon everyone

I seem to be having a problem with Half life 2 for the PC. When I installed steam, HL2, and downloaded all the updates, I went to start the game, but it did not start. So I restarted my computer for the changes to take effect if that would make any difference.

The next time I tried starting HL2, i got the blue screen of death!!! I have made sure I had all the updates, my vid card drivers upto date but not entirely sure what exatcly is causing this problem. Im running Athlon 64 3500 2.2 GHz, 1 GB RAM, GeForce FX5700 256MB, 600GB Hard drive(s) and Windows Server 2003 with SP1.

do you have enough RAM???

you have enough hard drive space for anything, but your RAM is pretty low.

Maybe using windows XP instead of 2003...

Search compatability with that OS, it should work though I'd think since 2003 is very similar to XP. Maybe if you are running server applications turn them off and see if it loads, also be sure to wait at least 5 mins, half life 2 just takes a while to load on some computers. You should be able to run it thoughm turn everything on low and try running it, if that works put graphcis up until it stops working.

I run HL2 with 512mb of ram, off course not on ultra graphics, but medium and 1024x800 or whatev. Anyways, you should be able to run it without problems, you might have to update drivers and stuff, Never experienced server playing so no advice in tha direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom