Problems getting Borderlands to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did about ten minutes ago. ;) I had completely forgot about doing it that way. :p

I see Trotski is getting on the Borderlands bandwagon as well. I don't normally like FPS games, but this one is friggin' awesome.

Where is everyone at right now in the game? I'm a lv 31 hunter. Solo so far. I feel co-op needs in the future. Starting to get interesting.

Once you get to lv 37 you finish the story. To finish out leveling you need to start over. At that point all enemies are higher levels and it gets tougher from what I heard.

I'm a level 10 hunter at the moment, just killed bone head. Started the game yesterday after trying it at a friend's house some time ago.

I'm a level 19 Soldier. This game is great. I think I am rushing it though because it's becoming way too hard to complete missions...I find myself dying way too much and I have very weak weapons, I need to find a balance. I think I need to go back and finish all the missions that I possibly can and level up more before continuing more in New Haven. Really fun game though and the weapons are getting insane!!

I'm a level 19 Soldier. This game is great. I think I am rushing it though because it's becoming way too hard to complete missions...I find myself dying way too much and I have very weak weapons, I need to find a balance. I think I need to go back and finish all the missions that I possibly can and level up more before continuing more in New Haven. Really fun game though and the weapons are getting insane!!

Yes you need to try and finish out missions as you get them before taking on the new ones. I did this a little at first too. What happens is you get done with a mission, check in and then accept a new a mission from that person and that becomes the new way point for you. Well go back and select another mission you accepted before hand. After I started doing that I didn't die very much from then on.

Also try to complete all mission in one area before skipping to the next area to do some other mission. I get as many missions I can for one area, knock them all out and then return and cash in all the XP at once.

Eventually you will be able to time warp from area to area.

Every time you see a weapon station or a ammo station go to it and check the "deal of the day". Compare this to your current weapon in that category and see if it's worth the upgrade. IF so buy it. Check back all the time because it changes often. Weapons are better depending on the color, usually!! I think it goes, white, green, blue. Blue being the best. However more expensive weapons are not always better then cheaper. Be sure to pick up anything you can carry and sell it later at the stations for cash.

Do all the clap trap missions as you get them asap. These reward you with extra slots and great upgrades.

Last if a enemy is using fire then don't use the same against. Same with the other types of elements. Do not fight fire with fire. Fight fire with water, so to speak.

I'll co-op with anyone, just add me on Xfire, chad711.

Also try to complete all mission in one area before skipping to the next area to do some other mission. I get as many missions I can for one area, knock them all out and then return and cash in all the XP at once.

This is exactly what has happened to me I guess. I caught on with the other stuff and done most all of the missions with each person except for one in fyrestone, and then I skipped a few of the ones on the board. I will definitely go back and bang out all of them. Everything you said is really great advice for a player who is beginning.

Turns out I was actually level 8, but now I'm level 10, lol. Killed that giant skag for TK's leg, finished the data recorder mission...reluctant to go on the other TK mission though. I've heard a bunch of nasty things about the guys you have to fight for the sunflower seeds or whatever.

It's not bad, Hik. Just stay up high and at long range and use a sniper rifle. When they close, open up with a shotty or something. Make sure to use the best healing shield you can get, or keep a healing shield to swap out with between battles.

I have a lvl 16 hunter right now, and a lvl 10 soldier. May have to try a brick and Lilith later.

I really wanted to try the hunter but I gave into soldier, and I don't have the patience to redo a whole RPG with another character...like I could only play through Fallout 3 once and some of the DLC's. But this game is pretty fun, I dig the cartoonyness. And the music isn't horrible for a loop and I think I notice it changing through out the different areas, anyone else notice that?

I've since gone back to Fyrestone and finished more jobs and there was a ton that I left out. How unimportant are the trivia missions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom