Problem with Keyboard - WASD

Status
Not open for further replies.

noblerare

Beta member
Hello to all,

I was wondering if anybody could help me on my problem:

Whenever I play FPS, I set WASD as my default movement keys and start the game. However, when I'm playing, I have absolutely no control over my character and I would spontaneously move to the left, front, right or back. Whenever I press one of the keys, the computer would either 1) not move or 2) keep moving to the direction i pressed until I can't move any more because i hit a barrier or something.

Can anybody help me with this? It's hard to play a FPS if I can't control my character. Thanks for all your help!

i don't think the setting is like that because I've tried multiple games and that happens often, but i think something is wrong because it didn't use to happen when I played a game before. sometimes, i hear a beeping sound when I press the WASD buttons.

Trotter: no, i haven't tried another keyboard because i don't have one and i don't want to go out and buy one if it could be fixed by some control adjusting..., i dunno

any other possibilities for my problems folks?

I have downloaded some game patches that caused the movment keys to do this, as well as game cracks that messed things up in this way, however none of those were fps types.

Do you have a basic connection, and an older computer, its relevent in the sense that there might be an unsupported hardware.

Which games gave you the most issues, Is this computer a new build, has it occurred from the outset, if not, when did it occure, have you installed any programs recently.

My computer is about three years old but was able to play FarCry, Doom 3, Half Life 2 and Swat 4 perfectly when I installed them. Then, about two months ago, I installed Unreal II and that's when my WASD started malfunctioning...I stopped using it for this whole time until I just downloaded and installed the Call of Duty Demo yesterday and that was when the problem came up again.

Do you think perhaps I must have accidently turned on/off some system type of thing? Or maybe not....

Sounds like Unreal took some drivers with it, maybe some DLLs.

System Restore might do it. Doing a repair of Windows might do it (if it is DLLs).

Your best option would be to borrow a keyboard you know is good and try it first, though. Rule out the simplest first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom