Problem with HL2 and Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done those three things. I have the password saved, my account is the only one on my compueter and i have the account information saved on my pc. I know HL2 is complete, I played it when i was on the internet at school, before I came home. I saw that steam says to make the clientregistry.blob file read only, but to do this I would have to be online.

I am wondering if there is another way around this.

I am on a different computer, because mine can not access the internet when at home.

silence782 said:
I always heard that you MUST have a net connection to even play HL2 at all. Here's a reveiw I found on it... http://www.chugworth.com/rants.php?id=7

No you can play it offline even when bought from Steam I have seen it.

As for And...I dunno what else to say but good luck on trying to get HL2 on working. It "should" work if you followed those exact instructions. Maybe contacting a Steam representative will help you progress to a solution better.

Its a great idea to make a single player game so easy to play with out an internetn connection.

As for hu_xu and his 'review' that is no review, that is some guy with too much time on his hands who feels he could have written all the source code him self. Does he not remember with the first half life that there were a lot of loading screens, and they took just as long, but it you go back and play half life now, they dont take that long. My loading times are 10-15 seconds tops. He must have pos pc.

I cant nock valve for anything besides this. People who do are just complete @ss holes.

Well, i'll see what i can do to play hl2 some time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom