The probem NO ONE can solve

Status
Not open for further replies.

wesker

Solid State Member
The problem NO ONE can solve

Howdy, I am just wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I have that absolutely no one I have spoken to has ever HEARD of. I had a cd-rom/burner that would do everything fine until I would try to play a game I installed. It would start up, read the disc, install and otherwise do everything perfectly. But when I try to PLAY the game it tells me it to insert the CD. I thought the thing had finally broken and bought a new CD-Rom/Burner. But it does the EXACT same thing. I installed the drivers, it reads all discs perfectly, installs the games without any problems and is otherwise in perfect condition. but when I try to PLAY a game I have installed with it, ANY game, it says the disc is not in the drive. I know I have the proper disc in the drive, it is a retail version not a burned copy, I know it is installed correctly (cause like I said, everything else works) the ONLY thing it does is fail to read the disc when i want to PLAY a game that it has already installed. Does my computer just have a cruel sense of irony? Someone PLEASE help.

What is the game?
Have you notified the game developers about your problem?
Have you checks the developer's website for the latest patch?

And when all else fails, find a NO CD Crack for the game.

Its ANY GAME I install. (HAHA, funny joke). I am pretty much forced to use NO CD cracks, but some games dont have them.

Its a Samsung, different brand as my previous one. Far as I know I have the latest drivers : questions though, what are mobo drivers and bios? Whats "mounting images as virtual drives"?

I am using Windows xp Proffessional and I only have the one CDROM/CDRW on one IDE cable.

wesker said:
Its ANY GAME I install. (HAHA, funny joke). I am pretty much forced to use NO CD cracks, but some games dont have them.

Ouch.
You not playing older games. Eg. The orginal UNREAL (around about that vintage).
I do remember them being fussy on your drive letter.
CD MUST BE IN THIS DRIVE OR GAME WILL NOT PLAY.

Not so and issue now days.

I'm sure you tried this, but many people over look this so I decided to put it down anyway. Did you change the IDE cable? Try that, and, as said before, make sure you have the latest drivers for everything. MOBO is short for MotherBoard. Go to the manufacturers website and download the latest drivers for it. If your not sure who made it, look on the MotherBoard itself. It will tell you somewhere on it.

Howdy, I am just wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I have that absolutely no one I have spoken to has ever HEARD of. I had a cd-rom/burner that would do everything fine until I would try to play a game I installed. It would start up, read the disc, install and otherwise do everything perfectly. But when I try to PLAY the game it tells me it to insert the CD. I thought the thing had finally broken and bought a new CD-Rom/Burner. But it does the EXACT same thing. I installed the drivers, it reads all discs perfectly, installs the games without any problems and is otherwise in perfect condition. but when I try to PLAY a game I have installed with it, ANY game, it says the disc is not in the drive. I know I have the proper disc in the drive, it is a retail version not a burned copy, I know it is installed correctly (cause like I said, everything else works) the ONLY thing it does is fail to read the disc when i want to PLAY a game that it has already installed. It does this with EVERY game. Does my computer just have a cruel sense of irony? Someone PLEASE help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom