Pro Gamer Fatal1ty on 60 minutes Jan 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
i played against him once on America's Army...he was insanely good. His fragrate must have been in the double digits

60 Minutes had some footage of him playing Painkiller. Why Wendel chose Painkiller is beyond me. I didn't think many people played it online.

I read a walkthrough of the map DM-Compressed for UT2003 written by Fatal1ty himself. All i can say is WOW! the attention to detail he puts in is amazing. the walkthrough is about 3 pages of mostly text, and its all about 1 map. the hiding spots, the weapons, the fact that he knows exactly how long it takes every single powerup to respawn, and that he does the math in his head while he's playing so he can time everything PERFECTLY-- its just insane.

Yeah i admire the guy, but definatly would not want to be him. playing...no....practicing Painkiller for 8 hours a day does not sound fun at all. For Fatal1ty, games aren't fun. Games are work.

I think it did a good job on showing that online shooters about competition and strategy more then just pure murder simulation. I don't just play games like Halo 2 or UT for shooting people I play for the community, freinds, and teamwork/strategy. It isn't mindless killing (at least most games aren't) it takes a lot of thought and teamwork to win. In deathmatch it's about keeping on your toes and multi-tasking. Gaming is no longer anti-social as some people will say, I play with friends side by side either at home or ar LAN parties, and with friends over the internet.

Meh, Painkiller isn't that great of game anyways, and hardly nobody plays it. What has caused Fatal1ty to choose that game?

beedubaya said:
Meh, Painkiller isn't that great of game anyways, and hardly nobody plays it. What has caused Fatal1ty to choose that game?

The last CPL main tournament game was Painkiller. They are thinking that the next game will be Quake 4.

Thing is these international torunaments have to sometimes choose less technological advanced games because people from all over the world participate, and they may not have the same caliber of computers that people from America, Canada, England, and Korea have

I've actually been analyzing the cost to send myself to the next US CPL in July. I plan to dive into Quake 4 for a while before I make my decision though.

OK first off boys, he didnt choose Painkiller. Painkiller was the game the CPL (Cyber Professional League) chose for their 2005 World Tour. If Fatal1ty didnt play it, he wouldnt have gone to like 9 countries to play at every stop. And he wouldnt have won $250,000 last year. The game was extremely fast and skill based, watch the finals on mtv overdrive or something. it is crazy skilled and that means alot of semi good players will hate it cuz they will lose and lose bad. fatal1ty has won in 5 games at least so he can do it in any gam it seems.

And it is his job. WHile everyone else gets up and works 9 hour days at an office or wheever, he gets up, plays a few hours, and does what he wnats. He plays 8+ hnours when it is close to tournament time. Kinda like a tennis player in scheduling it sounds like. Id take it in 2 secs!

Good job 60 minutes!

I had an arguement with a women "high school teacher", who claimed that video games are a useless waste of time. Her biggest problem with them is she said they actually, "Destroy a childs brain". Video Games are the reason our students are failing classes. She went on and on and on.

I asked her, "If video games are so bad, why are they using video games to train laparoscopic surgeons?" She had no answer.
I emailed her this article. http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4685909/

I tried to explain to her that regardless of the type of video game, they require the player to use "creative thinking." She wasn't buying it. I tried to explain that video games increase "hand, eye coordination". She wasn't buying it. I tried to explain that if kids are playing video games, they don't have time to smoke pot... lol - I wasn't buying that one...

You get the point... She was so anal about gaming... Then I asked her if she's ever played a video game. She said yes, "I was never good at them." ~ I just shut my mouth and changed the subject.

HAVOC2k5 said:
I had an arguement with a women "high school teacher", who claimed that video games are a useless waste of time. Her biggest problem with them is she said they actually, "Destroy a childs brain". Video Games are the reason our students are failing classes. She went on and on and on.

I asked her, "If video games are so bad, why are they using video games to train laparoscopic surgeons?" She had no answer.
I emailed her this article. http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4685909/

I tried to explain to her that regardless of the type of video game, they require the player to use "creative thinking." She wasn't buying it. I tried to explain that video games increase "hand, eye coordination". She wasn't buying it. I tried to explain that if kids are playing video games, they don't have time to smoke pot... lol - I wasn't buying that one...

You get the point... She was so anal about gaming... Then I asked her if she's ever played a video game. She said yes, "I was never good at them." ~ I just shut my mouth and changed the subject.

Tell her to go FSCK herself. I hate people like that. Video games are rotting childrens minds. No ma'am, ignorant thinking is rotting childrens minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom