Prince of Persia: The forgotten Sands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
This is my prince of Persia Review. Waiting on the intro to be finished for i can post the video to Youtube. I will add the video to this once that is done.

Prince of Persia the forgotten sands was developed my Ubisoft and was released in North America on May 18, 2010 The game is the continuation of the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Storyline. It is available on all major platforms.

Gameplay (3.8/5) Fun, but repetitive

From the near beginning of the game the prince has the ability to rewind time, and as the game progresses he learns new abilities. The most note worthy addition is the elemental powers. They are something that are completely new to the series and bring a new aspect to the core Gameplay. The elemental powers consist of Fire, Ice, Wind and Earth. Each of them offer different things during combat, you use these powers to kill those who stand against you. Aside form these 4 major powers you can also purchase minor powers from a dhinn named Razia. Which consist of a shield and the ability to summon small tornadoes.
The combat and acrobatic mechanics of the game are quite similar to what was in the sands of time. The prince can fight multiple enemies at once, during the combat Combos are heavily relied on because there is no blocking. The no blocking seems a bit strange for a game of this type, but you can dodge attacks instead by rolling. Rolling is an extremely efficient way of repositioning yourself to better defend yourself or attack to enemies from a more suitable angle.The sword fighting is a little lacking compared to these days standards though. It is too random to actually do anything specific, you just wildly swing and hit everything that is around you. It would have been nice if it was a bit more refined and complex.
As for the acrobatics, they seemed pretty much the same as what was in The Sands of time. You can use acrobatic feats such as running up walls, swinging from ledges, and jumping from column to column to get to where you need to go. There is a lot of areas in the game where you have to figure out how to get to a specified location on your own using your acrobatics. This proved to be a little challenging at some point in the game but ultimately was not that difficult.

Storyline (2.5/5) Didn't we already do all this in the first game?

The story is quite similar to that which was in The Sands of time. Your brother has released king Solomon's army of the grateful dead sand skeletons and you have to stop them before they take over the world and turn it into an Ancient Persia version of Tatooine.
This will take you on a long journey of fighting these sand creatures and continually solving acrobatic puzzles. The storyline was not very involving and really did not get much of my attention.

Enemy AI (2/5) are you trying to kill me or brush my hair?

The AI of your enemies, both human and not seem to be a little lacking. They sometimes don't even really strike you at the times they should, instead they kind of build up a slow attack that eventually would hit you if you stood there doing nothing. At some points if you are not careful how you go about engaging large groups you can have a very hard time about it, but for the most part the enemy didn't seem to really be doing their job. So I would say the AI in this game definitely could have used some more work.

Graphics (4.5/5) Good job

The graphics for the most part seemed to be fairly well done. At some points textures looked pretty bad, but that was only if you sat there looking at it close-up. The style of the graphics fit this type of game so i would say that Ubisoft did well in this area.

I'm Going to give Prince of Persia: The forgotten sands, 3.2 out of 5. Repetitive and not very engaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom