PREY DEMO: Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I really like the idea of the gravity thing. You have to use the whole map to play the game. Not just the "floor" you need to change the gravity during the game to use every bit of the map. That's a brilliant idea IMO. You really get a serious 3D feeling playing this game. There isn't any angle you can't go. It's awesome.

Also, they gave you 1HR of playable demo... That's pretty darn good.
I'm most def. getting this game next week. I think it's out on what? Monday, Tuesday?

At first I did get the DOOM feel from it. But, the more I've played it.. It's not like DOOM at all. It's better IMO. I love the weapons so far in this DEMO. The freeze/fire gun is cool. And you can Leech energy through out the map to refill it. That's cool too. Instead of just having stupid ammo packs laying around every where. You actually have to interact to recharge the weapon.

I haven't checked out multiplayer yet? Anyone check it out?

gurusan said:
demo now available? i got the game

Where from? It's not out till the 14 th in the UK and I thought it was not out till the 11th in the US. Did you manage to get a copy from a warez site? if so, you are naughty!! lol

The demo was leaked out a week or two ago, and the full game has been out for quite some time now, for those who obtained it through "alternate" means.

Before the Demo I had written Prey off as another Doom 3 look alike with another stupid gimick to try and sell a few copies before anyone knew what hit them (kind of like Quake 4 was). After playing the demo my only complaint is that they used the Doom 3 engine which makes everything look plastic. The audio, the effects, and the overall mood are meshed extremly well. In fact I was so impressed that I went online and preordered it from EBgames, and I'm a cheap ******* who rarely buys any games at their bloated release prices.

BTW EBgames has it listed as "Pre-Release Ships 7/10/06".

gurusan said:
yeah my "pet monkey" downloaded the entire game

Stupid monkeys with their beady eyes and smug looking faces always getting the cool software before I do.

Well, I played some Multiplayer last night. Pretty cool actually. It's got a very nice UT feel to it. Deathmatch is all I played. 4 on 4.

I could see this being a great lan game. You're like all over the map. Upside down and inside out... it's pretty badas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom