PREY DEMO: Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea usually games would just take that cool *** feature out of the game for multiplayer but they really worked it in there nicely. the only complaint i have about the 360 demo is that it makes me dizzy flipping and **** but still really tight and gonna pick it up tomaroe and cant wait preordered that hog about a week ago sweet

Picking up my copy on Friday (the day it comes out in the UK) and can't wait. I don't really play multiplayer at all really but I've been playing the Prey demo multiplayer and I love it. I agree with Timmer, the first time I played it I was sick as a dog, lol. You get used to it though and it's one of the only multiplayer games I like (BF2 the only other one). I just get fed up at being owned all the time and most games have too many cheats. I was playing HL2 deathmatch and I had 100% health, some guy shot me in the leg with a pistol and it killed me, that's when I stopped playing online.

I just got finished playing the Prey demo and all I have to say is WOW. The gravity thing is INSANE! It made me feel kinda dizz and made it so much more immersive. The sound in the bar scene at the begining was fantastic, and all the interactive stuff along the walls, the TV, the jukebox the video games, it was all fantastic. I really liked the fact that they were able to pull off some excellent looking water, like in the sinks and the toilet and such. Doom 3 didn't have any liquids from what I remember, and this just looked fantastic.

You gotta love the Doom 3 engine. :)

I wonder if there will be a Linux version, if not, then I probably won't buy it. :(

Picked up my copy via work

Picked up a copy of Prey last night. When they say "Aliens Turned Tommy's World Upside Down", they really mean it. You will find yourself walking up walks and ceilings. In the end, you just do not know which way is up. And you have enemies attacking from all directions.
Reminds me alot like the classic DESCENT series. Only that you also have these demensional portals that you need to walk into too. There is a lot of parts where you really do not know which direction you are walking in, let alone which direction is UP.
Can not wait to try this out in Mutliplayer.

You play a guy that get abucted my aliens. Now he just wants to save his girlfriend and the rest of the planet earth from getting eaten by an invading alien force.

If you liked games like Doom III or QUAKE 4, then you will like Prey. If you are after a FPS with a new challenge, then you this is also worth looking into too.

Finished the full game now and it's fantastic. Well worth the £30 I paid for it, shall play through it again in a couple of weeks. There are a couple of other games coming out in September that are looking great and that's Call of Juarez and Dark Messiah, both have demos out now and both demos are great. Although the DM is 1+gb DL and only lasts about 1/2 hour but is well worth it.
http://www.fragland.net/downloads.php?id=15418 - Dark Messiah demo
http://www.fragland.net/downloads.php?id=15412 - Call of Juarez demo

What's the point in dying in PREY. Like every time you die, you need to get your body back from the spirit world, and then you are back in reality just where you left off. (most of the time)

Like one of the reason why I don't like dying in an FPS is that I have to go back to the last check point, or save point and then fight my way through again. However with the way the PREY deals with death, it feels like I am playing the game on GOD MODE with the occasional 10 second pause here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom