possibly my favorite series

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah same here, i've been stuck on bf2142. except i still think i've played bf1942 (DC mod) more than any of them combined.

oh i was thinking about getting that game, but decided i didn't want a racing game. cod4 is where its at.

ProStreet is pretty decent. It has a couple of bugs, but nothing to serious, IMO.

BTW, I added you on 2142. And coincidentally enough we are actually the same rank. For now anyways, I am supposed to be one rank higher, but the servers seem to delay a bit for ranking.

yeah i dunno, i like nfs: most wanted on pc with a ps2 controller hooked up to it.

lol thats funny. i've been off and on playing lately. but when i do play a game its one of the first ones i'll consider. that or TF2. im on spring break this week so no school to worry about so i will definitely be playing alot.

I am a BF fan. I played a little 1942, and then went into BF2. I have Special Forces, but seldom play it (mainly got it for the guns). I tried the demo for 2142, but it felt more like a mod than a separate game so I didn't bother.

I am looking forward to BF3, though. Hopefully it will be worth buying. I may try out BF:Heroes, too.
Man...I don't know about Heroes. They say they had their style down before TF2 came out, but it feels too much like they are copying Valve. Also the cartoonish look for a BF series doesn't seem to do it for me. Gameplay would have to be extremely good IMO.

:D

I had a problem with my BF2 recently, so I thought I would put it up here in case someone else has the same thing.

Anyway, I would launch BF2 fine, and enter a server fine. Anywhere from 30 seconds to two minutes it, I would lose connection to the server. Since I had just moved I thought my ISP still hadn't gotten my stuff fixed up right. After a couple of weeks, I knew something else was wrong. I went a-Googling to find a solution.

I tried all kinds of fixes and work-arounds. Nothing worked. I found advice that ranged from a re-installation to buying a new copy to formatting. Finally, I came across something that looked promising. Someone else with a dual core had had the same problem. They figured out that BF2 was trying to run on both cores, and once they set the affinity to a single core the problem vanished.

Turns out that was my exact problem. I'm not sure what caused it to start trying to run on both cores, as it had ran fine before, but if BF2 starts doing you like that, check out how BF2 is running on your cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom