Possible Starcraft II delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man. And yes I do own my own company. It provides IT Consulting for individuals and companies.

Does that make you a rich business man :p ?

I don't care that SC2 is delayed. No half decent games are ever on time.

Basically, publishers set the release date - devs know they can't meet it, so when it gets close to the publishers release date they show the publishers what state the game is in, they don't like it, and extend it again..and again..and again.

Baez, so how big is your company? You just got a few people working for you or you got like 30-40?

No no nothing big I just have a couple other guys doing work for me when I don't have the time. it's just starting up. After all I'm still working on my game dev degree.

Are there any Canadian game development companies or are you going to have to try to move down to the states? Either way, I heard game development jobs are hard to get and they pay like crap. If it is what you really want to do though, I suppose its fine.

apparently it's been confirmed it's been pushed back to the first half of 2010. Reason is they want to set up an improved battle.net for online play before they release the game.

Yeah, I heard about that. Let's hope we get the beta by the end of the year at least.

Interesting as the Battle.net portion isn't controlled by the game DEVs... They better implement LAN play, or there will be a slew of hacks and mods for people to be able to play lan... **** they better fix Warcraft 3 patch 1.24 and get all the old custom maps working and there campaign maps working... That patch has literaly destroyed the game..

Well, the petition for LAN is at 97,000. It's moving really slow now. It'll take probably 2-3 more weeks for 100,000. That'll be cool though.

I wonder if the people that work on GHost for Warcraft 3 will be working on a lan ability...

But yea, no petition in the past has ever worked, only thing that seems to actualy work is a LOT of suggestions of the same thing, over, and over in the suggestions forum at battle.net... Even then, they hardly listen..

This is ****ing me off...

When they first released the development in like 07 I quickly built my first computer, m2n-e sli, athlon x2 4000+, and 8600gt. That's all dated now so i just built what's in my sig. By the time the freaking game comes out I will be building an entirely new computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom