Portal Walking Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
I installed The Orange Box recently on my puter, had it on XP and worked fine now I have windows 7 and everything works fine except Portal, it plays good but I walk really really slow. I look around and jump at a normal speed but once I walk I go really slow, its not frame rate or anything it just feels to slow lol is there any way I can adjust my walking speed?

anyone have an idea? I tried reinstalling it which was a pointless lol... if its sumthin dumb call me dumb but tell me lol or if this is in the wrong spot could you tell me where to try?

Is there a walk/run button you've accidentally pressed? That terrorised my mother in Oblivion :)

idk... i guess maybe the PC and 360 version are diff cuz my friend has it on 360 and I am much slower than his... so maybe the PC version walks slower? lol think i need to put em side by side, i'll check the patches and stuff

Steam should automatically patch outdated software. I do not walk slow in Portal. I walk Half Life 2 speed, which sometimes is annoying when you need to make those Portal flying leaps.

download autohotkey
use this script (in autohotkey.ini)
Code:
*PAUSE::Suspend
return

*SPACE::
Loop
{
GetKeyState,state,SPACE,P
if state = U
break

Send,{SPACE}