Please Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevezor

Solid State Member
Hello guys/gals,

I just purchased a new cpu today and I also purchased MW2. The game seems to be running very very choppy. Even on campaign mode. Here are my specs:
AMD Athlon II Quad-Core at 2.8ghz
ATI Radeon 4200 graphics card
4 GB DDR3 RAM

Can anyone tell me why its running soooo slow or how to fix it? Your help will be greatly appreciated as this is very disappointing!
-Steve

The problem is your graphics. You will need a decent graphics card and probably a power supply as well.

What kind of graphics cards/power supply would be optimum for running the game so it's nice and clean? I've been waiting to get a CPU for some time now, and i'm very depressed that I cant run this game. Thanks in advance Trotter!

What's your budget and we will see what we can find to fit it. And what is the make and model of the computer you bought?

You are not alone in running into this particular wall. Most consumers just don't know how all of this computer stuff works out, and many so-called "gaming computers" can barely handle mid-range/older games much less the newer ones.

Anyway, we will do what we can to help you out.

It is an HP Pavillion, Model p6654y. I took the first step today and actually bought a new desktop...so as far as upgrading my video card, i have no idea what a card/power supply would cost so I cant realistically set a budget haha. However, I'd like a combination that could really bring this cpu to life.

URL to full specs if needed to view:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pa...rive/1243488.p?id=1218240379197&skuId=1243488

The 5770 is a fantastic card and will do the job excellently. But if you can cope with a few settings on medium and really need something very cheap there are cheaper cards out there especially if you are willing to look for used graphics cards.

Tech moves on so quick you can get a card from last year that is out of date (but will do the job just fine) for a really good price.

Both the Power Supply and Card seem to fall inside my budget so I think I'll spring for them both. Obviously I'm new to PC Gaming, if you couldn't tell already haha, what would I be looking at as far as instillation? Trotter you think both the power supply and Gfx Card would be compatible with my current system?

Installing a power supply is dead simple. Four screws and unplug the wires to get tehold one out, reverse the process to put the new one in.

yes, they will work with your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom