Playing WoW for the first time ever...questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok where do I go to sell my junk? I have no room left and I am not sure if I want to buy an extra backpack right now incase I need the money for something else. I have a few gray things and mostly white stuff. Thanks!

edit: sorry found it. Guess any vendor will buy anything from me? I guess if it's not a quest item I don't need it?

Also why are some items in green font? special?

Wow ranks items on how hard they are to get by using colors.
Grey: junk
White: common
Green: uncommon, most people use
Blue: rare, special drops from bosses
Purple: epic, hard to get, sometimes boss drops
Orange: legendary, hardest to get, usually recieved by doing higher raids

Also good to know:

Most Quest rewards and dungeon boss drops, as well as faction acquired, PvP rewards and some crafted items, are BoP - Bind on Pickup. That means that they bind to you when you take them, so that you will not be able to trade, sell or put that item on the AH. This one should avoid lots of lols at you. ;)

Not all of the blues annd purples are bind on pickup, some of them are BoE - Bind on Equip, meaning that they will not be bound to you unless you equip them. Once you do equip them, they will be bound to you.

Also good to know:

Most Quest rewards and dungeon boss drops, as well as faction acquired, PvP rewards and some crafted items, are BoP - Bind on Pickup. That means that they bind to you when you take them, so that you will not be able to trade, sell or put that item on the AH. This one should avoid lots of lols at you. ;)

Not all of the blues annd purples are bind on pickup, some of them are BoE - Bind on Equip, meaning that they will not be bound to you unless you equip them. Once you do equip them, they will be bound to you.

Think some of that was a little over my head. Why would I get laughed at? For trying to trade it? :) BTW, what is AH, raid and what determines when you actually start fighing other players? The other night I was in Darkshore fishing (boring) and the chat box kept saying "Darkshore is being attacked". I saw some evil little dude running around like a mad man killing the AI's. What is going on here?

Thanks for all the help guys. Trust me I do google a lot of stuff while playing but some of the stuff I google, like raid only returns people talking about their raid...which I have no idea what that is. It 'sounds' like a group of people fighting other groups of people? No?

Yeah for trying to trade it, we've all been there at some point or another, in some online game or other.

AH - Auction House (in the major race cities), here you can buy stuff others put up for sale (auction), or auction your own stuff to get some moneh!

Raid is a group of players of more than 5. A raid can have up to 8 parties of 5 = 40 players. Some instanced dungeons are designed for 10 or 25 player raids. You can start fighting other players whenever you want. On a PvE server you will have to flag yourself for PvP (/pvp in the chat box), and/or find a flagged player to initiate combat. On a PvP server you are always PvP flagged, except in the lowbie areas that are part of your faction (hopefully horde :p). On the RP versions of these servers you can do the same while behaving like an a$$. j/k :D

Oh and you can try this for extra information: WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Thanks man! I'm actually on the Alliance side! :)

Last question for now. I see people that are lower level then me and they have two weapons. They have a sword or something for close combat but they also shoot stuff from far away, either this green stuff (spells I guess) or arrows from a bow. Is this something I can do I just haven't figured it out?

Well, first of all, it depends on your class. The classes that can equip a bow, crossbow or gun are, from the top of my head, rogue, warrior and hunter. The classes that can use a wand are mage, warlock and priest. Even if you are one of those classes, you may have to go to the appropriate weapons trainer for that weapon profficiency. You can find the trainers on the URL I provided earlier. If you are, say, a druid, you are stuck with one weapon, be it 1 handed or 2 handed, and no ranged weapon at all. Same for paladins.... I don't know about the Death Knight, although I've purchased the last expansion upon release I still haven't played it nor activated my account again. :)

Best advice I can give you is to grab two gathering professions, and you will make decent cash. Something like Mining or Herbalism will enable you to sell the stuff for decent money.

I usually grab one or the other (because only 1 type will appear on your map at 1 time) and skinning. Skin the animals you kill and sell the leather and you will have some gold in no time.

If you think you will stick with the game, I'd advise buying a 14 or 16 slot bag when you can afford it. If you're not sure, buy the cheaper ones (but you'll end up replacing them).

I agree to an extent, but the problem with going mining and herbalism, especially as a first time player, is that you constantly have to switch between modes in order to find the corresponding nodes. Mining/skinning or herbalism/skinning is better for him, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom