Playing WoW for the first time ever...questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far the game seems pretty fun but at the same time the learning curve seems some what steep. I have never in my life ever played a RPG, or MMO or what ever this is considered. I think i tried one many many years ago but didn't see the point or how it could be any fun. Well here I am now with a nice PC and just trying out all kinds of games these days.

So I have a few questions for you WoW players. Keep in mind I'm on the 10 day trial still (day 2, lv10).

1. Can this game be played casually? By that I mean is it possible to continue to progress in this game if you are not going to play this game every day and for hours on end? I'm starting to see that I need help to get missions done and it seems some what hard finding help. At the same time i', afraid If I do find help they might be serious players and might expect me to be on more often then not.

2. Why do I see people that are lv below me and they have more then one weapon? They can shot spells from far away and then they can slice and dice up close too? All I have is a sword that I have to keep fixing every few hours.

3. Money money money. How can I get more of it faster? Seems everything i want to buy is way out of my price range.

4. I'm at lv10 and it seems some of the missions now are sending me into areas that have animals at lv's above me and I can't win a fight out there. Is this normal? Do I need to start partying up? I'd like to do as much on my own as possible as I like to go at my own pace.

5. Backpacks. So I need more of them, i only have one and I am constantly running out of room and have to drop junk all the time. Is there another way to get them besides paying for one (can't afford it), looting for it (no luck there yet). Plus I am tired of going to the bank and starting to run out of room there too.

Last question for now...items. I pick up pretty much everything. It seems I have a lot of stuff I don't need. Can I sell this stuff? Should I sell this stuff? Lots of claws, fangs and crap like that.

Any thing else you think that would help please let me know.

See that button that says "Cancel Subscription"
Press it now before it's too late!

You didn't level 80 in 5 days, you may of leveled in 5days play time, but not 5 days. No way. Impossible.

Yes.
Go Horde.
Go PvE.

Don't ask questions to long and tiring to explain, been playing since release on Ally side.

My character is in the Alliance. It really doesnt matter if I am either right? That is just your taste? PvE? What is that

My character is in the Alliance. It really doesnt matter if I am either right? That is just your taste? PvE? What is that

PvE - Player versus Environment. Questing (kill XXX of YYY etc), instanced dungeons (be it 5 man, 10, 25...), etc.

as opposed to PvP (Player versus Player)....which is actually a joke in WoW but you may be able to find some limited enjoyment in arenas in due time. Stick to getting to 80 and learning as much as possible about your class (and other classes at some stage) for the moment.

your an alliance? awww im on horde , it doesnt matter as long as your enjoying your game, yes you can transfer realms but i guess you need to pay extra for that.

I agree to an extent, but the problem with going mining and herbalism, especially as a first time player, is that you constantly have to switch between modes in order to find the corresponding nodes. Mining/skinning or herbalism/skinning is better for him, IMO.

Go to Curse.com - WoW Addons WAR Addons Gamer Blogs Forums and get the Spotter addon. It rotates your tracking. The Gatherer addon shows you all the possible spots for nodes.
I have a hunter with max herb/mining, epic flight skill and spotter rotating herb/mine tracking every 1.4 sec. You'll make bank. Having an alt with enchant/JC helps too.

For the newer people.

WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft for anything you need to know

Wool and up sell for alot , cause people are always lvling first aid on alts.
If you have an enchanter, lvl 45-59 De'ed mats are selling for alot.

The World of Warcraft Armory
The World of Warcraft Armory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom