Playing without CD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vybuni

Daemon Poster
Does anyone know of a good program or something i can do so i dont have to keep switching CD's everytime i want to play a different game?

No such thing exists that can make it so you dont need to swap cds. You can use no cd cracks on the games you play but sometimes those mess up online things.

i used a program call game jackel when you first play the game for the first 1 hour u need to put the disc in so it can put the files it needs into the program

I know i will need my CD's to play the game, i want to know if there is a program that copies all of the data from the CD onto my hard drive so i wont need the CD. If i make a copy of the CD on my hard drive, will the game be able to find it?

Vybuni said:
I know i will need my CD's to play the game, i want to know if there is a program that copies all of the data from the CD onto my hard drive so i wont need the CD. If i make a copy of the CD on my hard drive, will the game be able to find it?

umm...isnt that called installing a program?

There are many tools to create images of CD's.
With Daemon tools you can mount them.

You can create these images with programs like Nero, Alcohol 120%, VirtualCD, etc.
Sometimes creating the image won't work bcause the CD is protected. You can then use a program like ClonyXXL to detect the protection type, then use Alcohol120% to image the CD selecting the copy protection detected by ClonyXXL.
If the game still won't load you can enable a few emulation options in Daemon tools. (you can also use Alcohol120% to mount images, btw).
If they don't work you can get a fixed image (mostly small image) from the internet.
For SafeDisc 4 protected CD's you sometimes have to use SafeDisc4 Hider.

Thanks for the help guys. I got it working with the iso's and Daemon. Now i can just put away my CD's :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom