Playing BioShock on SM2 Cards!!! (unofficial patch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
Yes that's right, some guy at the 2K Forums is working on patch to have Bioshock run on SM2-based video cards. The game as released would not play on SM2 video cards such as the x800/700/500s and 9800/9700/9600 cards. One guy in the thread managed to get it running on a 9600PRO. Nvidia's FX series is out of the question as SM2 support was gruesomly poor (many people in the thread saying they couldn't get it to run on their FX series cards). There's some screenies of it running on an x800:

untitled1copygu3.jpg

x800sm2ap3.jpg

Here's the link to the thread (with download for patch!!): Making Bioshock Work with SM2.0 Cards! (Work in progress) - 2K Forums

Glad I found this, can't wait till' a stable patch is released to work with my OC'd 9600XT B)

Did any one read these notes from that ^^ website

1)It will take a LONG time to load things now at check points. Wait at least 5 minutes when you get a loading screen up
2)Some textures will look really crappy (or be an entirely different color than they should be

It seems that this patch make that game load slower

lol sometimes I read posts on here and get the impression that some people here have no concept of money whatsoever. computer stuff is expensive, not everybody in the maintstream market can afford even a 7950GT yet, let alone an 8800GTS or GTX, or a Q6600 or E6600. Most people don't even know how to build a computer. This is good news for people with weaker video cards. of course it'll reduce graphical quality, that's the point, so it can play on older video cards of people who can't afford high end stuff. You know how long I had to deal with my Riva TNT2?????? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom