pixalated desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

paliopetho

Solid State Member
I recently upgraded to a 32'" Sharp Aquos as my computer screen. Most games run great e.g., the new Tomb Raider Anniversary. DVD playback is excelent. However almost all the text on Windows desktop is really blurry or should I say very pixalated, it is like there is no anti-aliasing. No problem with max anti-aliasing in games. It is almost impossible to read web pages without zooming in with IE. Even the icons on the desktop are pretty bad. Running Windows Vista Home Premium, on a high end CyberPowerPC.com rig with Dual Nvidia 7950 gt 512MB, 2GB ram, 200GB HDD, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Dual-Core, Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe. I connected the screen with a DVI to HDMI cable. Resolution is set to 1768*992 resolution at 30 Hrtz. 1920*1080 zooms in too much and cuts off the edges. DPI change doesn't fix problem, nor font size. Please help...! I can barely read what I am typing...

I'm running dual nvidia 7950 gt's. 750W power supply. Driver are up to date. I'll try setting the resolution lower at 60 Hrtz. Higher resolutions don't alllow 60 Hrtz, thanks for the feedback

Lower resolution at 60Hrtz made the screen completly illegible. Currently, SLI is disabled, enabaling SLI makes the screen flicker and wont' run any games. I click on a game, the screen goes black and makes the computer restart, which then goes to the safe mode, normal mode prompt. Very strange. Is this problem fixable or did I just waste $1300? Please help, getting super frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom