Piracy reason PC gaming is dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they would remake all the N64 games for PC..

Same levels, story lines, weapons, items, just for PC and improved graphics.

007 or Turok 1 anyone?

Lol! I actually played Golden Eye the other day on the n64...soo much fun with prox. mines...ahhh the good ol' days

Hikari said:
And I wouldn't call people who are too broke to be able to afford things yet want to still have fun stingy or lazy...bills take priority over games.
PuRpLeSmUrF said:
Yeh, Piracy can hurt profits if..say someone who pirated a game could and would actually buy the game if say piracy didn't exist. I don't think that people who can't really afford games are hurting profit..cause they wouldn't be buying them anyways...so how can you even tell how bad piracy is hurting a companies profit?
If you can't pay you shouldn't play. If you can't afford a car doesn't give anyone the right to steal one. "I can't afford to buy one, so they're not losing money as I wouldn't have bought it anyway." See how well that would go over in court. ;)

A PC game may be a collection of data, but people had to think it up, work it out, code it, troubleshoot it, test it, and market it. It has a value. Pirating it, making an unauthorized copy without paying, is still stealing the company's property and profits (if any).

I don't care what anyone's excuse is. Whether they can't afford it or if they just don't want to pay the money. Every pirated copy of a game is a potential sale lost. If piracy didn't exist at least a portion of the people who pirated the game would buy it.
And like Trotter said, "If you can't pay, you shouldn't play." Not being able to afford something, whether you are stealing from Wal-Mart or whatever game company it may be is not an excuse to steal something.

I wish they would remake all the N64 games for PC..

Same levels, story lines, weapons, items, just for PC and improved graphics.

007 or Turok 1 anyone?
Check out Goldeneye Source. Its not great but its an updated version of the game.

I have to admit I do occasionally pirate games, but only if they have no demo. Then I buy it if I like it, don't if I don't, and delete it.

Microsoft banned something like 250,000 xbox360's and counting right? They were modded to be able to play pirated games (mostly).
Playing pirated games on a Wii and a DS is child's play in comparison to that ^^

Yea... piracy is really not just for PC gaming. It might be changing PC gaming the way it is now, but it also is effecting most other consoles too. Mod chipping on the PS2 was a big thing back in the day, and before that the PS1 had Mod chips for sale on the internet. Now it is even easier to do it to consoles like the wii! All they need is a software hack usually and WA-LA! Increase functionality and your able to pirate any Wii game worth playing (all 5 of them).

I never said it wasn't stealing, and I never said people had a right to do it. Just giving examples of why people do it, since apparently everyone who does is lazy and cheap. People who think they have a right are just stupid. It is what it is.

As for cars...

2UDYK.jpg

Hikari's rights....piracy will never go away. There will always be someone to hack the system...whatever that system is. The point is, the devs need to be more creative. Not just in the games they produce, but in the methods in which they release it. I'm not saying dump some crap DRM on every game, but maybe charge $5 for a game and then charge $5 a month to play it. After all is said and done you'd probably make more than the $50 the game would cost from GameStop.

I really think these creative directors and big shot devs are just making excuses and milking the market. And, the whole crappy games are killing the market isn't a valid argument for the fact that these games are also being released on console and they are selling just fine there. There are a few PC exclusives that sucked balls and were not worthy of purchases...*cough--Cryostasis--cough* but the same genre of games that are coming out on console are the same that are there for PC.

I'm really surprised there isn't a chip for the PS3 yet available globally. I know down here in Panama they sell pirated XBOX 360 games on the side of the street and stop lights, and you can get your system chipped for $30. They advertise all of those services on local classifieds websites as well to chip your wii, 360, ps2, etc. I found it hilarious that after M$ banned all of those accounts how many chipped 360's went up for sale over the next days with titles like "Hacked XBOX 360 with 65 games and 2 controllers, $280". I heard that once you chip it you can't really go back? Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom