Ping Is Higher Than Ever Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmxstud15

Beta member
Please help!!!

my ping is over 900 i dont know why. I have a satellite connection.

computer specs:

dell 4600
P4 2.8 800mhz HT
512 ram
intel intergrated graphics card

MicroBell said:
Satellite pings are always high. Regardless to what they say...satellite access is NOT a good option for online gameplay. Here's a little writeup on how to lower your ping...but as your on satellite...it won't be alot...as thats most likely the cause of the whole issue... http://maniac.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pm/ping.htm

Yes, that is definetely true.

I was about to get satellite internet before 56k, but luckily, I was patient and waited for broadband to arrive.

Try getting broadband, and if you don't have it available, wait.

Trust me, man. BROADBAND IS THE SHIZNET! :)

Satellite connections are always latent, so you can't really play any FPS games. Try finding a dsl or cable isp in your area.

because your using a sattellite...it will give you a VERY HIGH PING rating:( to lower it try closing programs when your computer starts up, for example, if you want to play counter strike and you have STEAM, close other apps such as kazaa, that should lower your ping, if all else fails go to Start>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs, to help this should lower it a bit, whenever i play games i have about 37 ping, (mainly because i dont dowload numerous files i dont need:))

pR3t3nD3r said:
Satellite connections are always latent, so you can't really play any FPS games. Try finding a dsl or cable isp in your area.

not only FPS...Diablo and Warcraft always lag when you have high ping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom