ping gone through the roof!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzfan

In Runtime
i got CSS about a week ago and for the first 5-6 days my ping was great lussually lower than 50 always lower than 70 but then the last 2 days it has been very high ussually between 105-125 and it is almost unplayable its so bad. I have tried many different servers and it has been the samething. anything i can do to lower my ping, and settings or anything or is it un helpable?

ok i guess i just dont know why i was getting it so good the 1st few days, yes i have cable too.

There are many reasons why this could happen. Just saying don't get cable doesn't help too much.

In the beginning you were getting a "normal" ping. So there's more than likely something wrong on the system's end.

Check to make sure you haven't picked up a virus or some spyware on your system.

Did you install anything around the time that your ping seemed to go down? Like a firewall or updated your network driver?

Try and step through what you were doing on the computer about the time your ping spiked up.

are you sure it was your ping that went up? and not your fps that fell down that made it seem like you had a high ping as it lagged?

I dont mean to sound patronising but a while back I accidently uninstalled my graphics card software. and that caused my game to lag. which I thought was down to my internet connection at first.

Sounds like the server hosting the game switched routers. This happens all the time. Talk to one of the admins on the game, or find another server.

If this happens for all games, either check your connection tweaks inside the game, or see if your own internet host has changed your router/connection server.

bla!! said:
There are many reasons why this could happen. Just saying don't get cable doesn't help too much.

In the beginning you were getting a "normal" ping. So there's more than likely something wrong on the system's end.

Check to make sure you haven't picked up a virus or some spyware on your system.

Did you install anything around the time that your ping seemed to go down? Like a firewall or updated your network driver?

Try and step through what you were doing on the computer about the time your ping spiked up.

good advice. and rat he did try lots of different servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom