Which PC should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTFrench

Beta member
Hi. I'm searching for a PC that's good for big games, like GTA 4, MW3, Diablo 3 and such. I am between the Dell Piano Black Inspiron and the iBUYPOWER Gamer Power WA501D3.

The Dell Piano has:

-Intel Core i3-2120 processor 3.30GHz
-4GB RAM
-500 GB HDD
-Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
-Intel HD Graphics 2000 Graphic Card

and the iBUYPOWER has:

-AMD FX-4100 processor 3.60GHz
-8GB RAM (expandable to 16GB)
-500GB HDD
-NVIDIA GT 520 Series Graphics with 1GB dedicated graphics memory
-Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

What's your opinion? Should I spend more on the iBUYPOWER or just get the Dell Piano?
Thanks!

PS: Sorry for being noobish, new here!:D

Don't know the price difference, but the first one isn't a gaming pc whatsoever. Out of those two it definitely would have to be the iBUYPOWER.

Even that one has only 480 watt "no name" power supply = possible trouble for gaming. So add another $50-70 to put in a decent power supply. Even then you wont be able to pay Diablo3 on higher settings. If your on a budget - build it yourself = better parts for cheaper price and much easier to upgrade and have it last longer.

TTFrench - Grab a friend and build your own.

I do like the i3-2100 as a budget processor. You could combine it with a $100-150 GPU (GTX 550Ti or Radeon HD5850) and probably be able to play most games. Diablo 3 will not have huge requirements for being able to play. In my mind I actually wonder if its worth waiting for Ivy Bridge at this point (comes out in a month I believe). You might even be able to play D3 on low res settings with the integrated graphics on a budget IVY Bridge CPU. I recently read that GPU under $60 are becoming irrelevant based on how greatly Intel has improved dedicated graphics not only on the Sandy Bridge, but also Ivy.

TTFrench - Grab a friend and build your own.

I do like the i3-2100 as a budget processor. You could combine it with a $100-150 GPU (GTX 550Ti or Radeon HD5850) and probably be able to play most games. Diablo 3 will not have huge requirements for being able to play. In my mind I actually wonder if its worth waiting for Ivy Bridge at this point (comes out in a month I believe). You might even be able to play D3 on low res settings with the integrated graphics on a budget IVY Bridge CPU. I recently read that GPU under $60 are becoming irrelevant based on how greatly Intel has improved dedicated graphics not only on the Sandy Bridge, but also Ivy.

5850? Little old there.. If he's on a budget, he's not waiting for Ivy, and probably not springing for Sandy, either. He's in the AMD range.

5850? Little old there.. If he's on a budget, he's not waiting for Ivy, and probably not springing for Sandy, either. He's in the AMD range.

The i3-2100 is around $130. It is a budget CPU. I used to be a fan of AMD but they just aren't winning the battle right now. Also, just because a GPU is old doesn't mean it's still not relevant for budget users. In my opinion what I said still makes a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom