PC Gaming is the largest Market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
besides I'd say the general asian pc gaming market is enough to outnumber everyone else anyway, heh.

That being said, this isn't even something that can be properly judged -.-
I've got a gaming PC and 3 consoles. so....? I spend 95% of my time PC gaming, even though I have multiple consoles. I'm not the only one who has a pc and console either.
Saying there are more of one than the other isn't going to work, especially when people start making their own definitions of what a gaming pc is.

I dunno. I don't care much for console gaming these days, because the consoles aren't half as good as my PC, so why bother. So I would be biased, if I thought this study was even remotely accurate. They are handy for the exclusive titles, but hardly worth all the money I spent on em.

Do the asians really pc game that much? I know the koreans do, but I didn't think that the chinese could afford gaming pcs. I mean, they just started being able to afford cars on a large scale. The japanese, I'm assuming they're pretty much console all the way.

Yeah, I agree with you on the consoles. I have bought a ps3 and and hdtv for it a year ago, and I hardly ever game on it. It is significantly better that my pc, but I still like pc gaming better. I'll fix that though in a couple of months. My ps3 does have an internet browswer, which is nice. This is a family pc, so it is not in my room, so sometimes I just go on the ps3. It gets its most use from me going on hulu or some other site to watch a tv episode or movie when I go to bed. If it wasn't for this, it would have been a horrible waste of money. I hardly ever game on it even though I have 8 games for it, and I bought it because of Final Fantasy XIII which has since gone multiplatform. I mean MGS4 was pretty good (best single-player mode of any game I have ever played), but $500 ps3 + $400 hdtv does not equal mgs4 greatness.

Also, I don't know if comparing console game sales to pc game sales is a fair comparison because pc games can hold your interest longer, and you don't need to go out and buy more games. I've got like 12 pc games or something, and I have probably pc gamed in the last 2 years more than I have ever gamed on my ps3 and ps3 combined. I have 8 ps3 games and like 37 or something ps2 games.

look: [AR] Druid (xxdruidxx)

I had a bit more time from aoeIII, bfme2, and gw before I got xfire. My dm otto city was like lvl 91 or 92. It was beast. Ottos got nerfed to **** though, and I got bored with that game.

1-2 years after new gen console gets released: "OMG, pc gaming is DEAD!!!"

The remaining time until the next console gets released: "OMG, pc gaming > you!"

Comment ^ on that article. LOL

PCs will always have the edge over consoles, it's always like that n there are quite a lot of ppl that know that through research or know it buy heart. As long as they can afford the parts to make/buy a gaming PC then that is cool. Parts are retailed more money then consoles on the market, just buying a new GPU n CPU equals the price or more of one current next-gen console. The PC market increases in revenue faster for anyone that sells computer parts then consoles because of how expensive each part is if u have the money.

as far as the definition of "PC gaming", it differs from each country n this was pretty much explained in this thread. However, i got a question i need answered: Is PC gaming a waste of time or gaming in general?

And yes, China might have more PC gamers than anyone... afaik, they mostly go to LAN centers though. And China's internet is really bad, so they can't play international teams online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom