Is pc gaming dying or thriving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unsung

Baseband Member
A friend of mine told me that pc gaming is dying and more game are being produce on console than pc. Also a lot of games like supreme commander are moving to console. However razer will release it new gamepad that work well with both pc and xbox 360 so I think with that addition and perhaps world of warcraft II, guild war, starcraft II that pc gaming are still thriving. My friends who hate console gaming also believe that with the younger generation, many of these kids will not even know how to build or have enough money for a gaming machine.

What do you guys think?

I think that its just as it used to be. There are just as many computer games coming out as there used to be we are just seeing more and more games coming out on console too. with consoles getting more and more like computers (and that is what they are really) more games are becoming available for both console and pc. and i dont think its necessarily because gaming (pc) is dying i think its just that because of the economy developers are trying to make as much money as possible which is why there are fewer and fewer exclusive titles every year.

I would not say pc gaming is dying, however the difference between a pc game and a console game used to be huge....now days most games are just ported over to the pc from the console...so you are basically playing the exact same game, maybe just in a higher resolution,

PC game exclusives used to be fantastic, and there would be enough of them to keep one busy through out the year.......now PC exclusives, while they are usually far superior games.....are few and far between.

The way I see it...where are the PC game developer's motivation to do PC exclusive games anymore? Why put all the energy and money into a PC game when half the people will just download it for free from BitTorrent the day that it is released? I don't blame them at all...you can't expect these guys to keep throwing tons of money at PC gaming when they are getting ripped off without fail.

The way I see it...where are the PC game developer's motivation to do PC exclusive games anymore? Why put all the energy and money into a PC game when half the people will just download it for free from BitTorrent the day that it is released? I don't blame them at all...you can't expect these guys to keep throwing tons of money at PC gaming when they are getting ripped off without fail.

So do you think that PC gaming is dying or just going into a slump until they can figure out a way to stop the people getting it for free (which i doubt will happen anytime soon if ever)?

Not sure if it is dying or not...definitely seems like it's hurting though, and it's probably not JUST from BitTorrent either.

given the versatility of PCs, i doubt PC gaming will ever die. There are a lot more PCs in the world than say an XBOX360 or a PS3 so games tailored to PCs have a higher target customer base. So PC gaming will always be there.

And besides, PCs are becoming a lot like consoles and consoles are becoming like PCs. You can get on the web and all that using consoles now, and i can't think of something that you can do with a console that you can't with a PC. Both are here to stay!

given the versatility of PCs, i doubt PC gaming will ever die. There are a lot more PCs in the world than say an XBOX360 or a PS3 so games tailored to PCs have a higher target customer base. So PC gaming will always be there.

And besides, PCs are becoming a lot like consoles and consoles are becoming like PCs. You can get on the web and all that using consoles now, and i can't think of something that you can do with a console that you can't with a PC. Both are here to stay!

^^^ i agree with you to a point. the only thing i wanna add to this is that consoles are becoming more like pc's not pc's are becoming more like consoles. so i think they will both be here to stay for now but what about 10 or 15 years from now when there really isnt a difference between pc and console? or do you think that pc will always be one step ahead of the consoles as they are now?

To me it just seems like it is becoming less important. All of my friends that used to be pure PC enthusiasts when it came to gaming, are now predominantly console gamers and the only games they do play on PC are WoW, EverQuest, and other MMO type games it seems.

well there will most likely always be games that are solely played on pc or one console or another. like nintendo i doubt either xbox or ps3 would try to take over that demographic. and right now pc's best types of games are mmorpg just because they would be alot harder to do on console lacking a keyboard and mouse. but with the ability to plug in a mouse and keyboard into a ps3 through the USB ports and the ability to but an add-on to the xbox to use keyboard and mouse does that ever make you wonder were we (pc gamers) will be in a couple years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom