PC Game Trainers/ Stalker: Clear Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pezzy

In Runtime
Hi all.

I occasionally use game trainers on action/ shooter games I play; if I'm getting particularly hammered (killed) and can't seem to get past a certain point in the game, I'll load up a trainer and use something like "God mode" or "Infinite health" or "Infinite ammo".

A site you're probably familiar with for trainers and such is GameCopyWorld. One of the places GCW gets theirs from is another site you probably know called CheatHappens.

CheatHappens probably creates some of the better trainers out there, but, when first released, their trainers are for paying members only. Later on, they'll release the trainer to the general public. I prefer not to pay for these trainers and just wait till one is released to the general public.

Well, one thing I noticed about their Stalker: Clear Sky trainers is that all of them - all versions of the game, the various patches - are for members only; this is from version 1.5.01 to the most recent patch of 1.5.09. I thought maybe this was an oversight or a "mistake", but after writing to them they said that no, this was correct, and that "some trainers are never released to the public. These are usually selected at random...". Hmmm....I learned something new.

I remember coming across some post somewhere on another message board, and this poster said that if most gamers just knew how to edit certain files in games themselves, that they wouldn't need to "pay" for these trainers from CheatHappens.....but that'd probably hurt their business.....right? :D

Anyone know how CheatHappens keeps trainers from being "leaked" on the 'Net for the general public for all to use? Or does anyone know how or what to edit in the Clear Sky game files to get "god mode" or "infinite ammo"?

Thanks for any info.
Pez

Hey Luke; thanks for the reply.

Yes, I googled before I even posted here, and, I of course came across other trainers such as the one that's included in the link you provided (CheatHappens isn't the only makers of trainers :laughing: ).

The other part of the link you provided.....it mentions about pressing the "~" tilde key to bring up a console; I'll try that one the next time I fire up the game, but, I believe I already tried that in the past, and, unless I missed something, that didn't help much.

Also in that link were instructions to, "....edit in gamedata\configs\creatures the file "actor.ltx"." I looked in the installation folder for Stalker Clear Sky and came across no such folder or file. I even "searched" for it and there were no hits in return. Strange, huh?

Thanks again for your help and web link.
Pez
I tried pressing the "~" tilde key while in the game and bringing up the console. It came back to me that I did try this in the past.....this does not appear to be the place to enter cheat codes. The information that comes up in this console appears to be a place to tweak settings for graphics, game engine parameters, etc.

So I guess I'm still in the same spot as before: Some of the other trainers out there (not the ones made by CheatHappens) are kind of iffy......I can't find the "actor.ltx" file to edit....console is really of no help......sigh.

Pez

the ~ key usually brings down the game console and is where you would enter cheats, could you take a screen shot of it?

Sure, I'd like to give you a screenshot............but it won't work.

The usual way I take a screenshot in a game is to press the "PrtScn" key, exit the game, and then go to Windows Paint and Paste it in. This didn't work.

The games' manual says you can take a screenshot by pressing the F12 key. I did this.....but can't find where the shot is kept. I checked all folders that are related to Stalker Clear Sky but there are no folders that contain screenshots. I even did a search on the 'Net to see where the screenshot directory is.....but mine isn't there.

The console comes down just fine when I press the "~" tilde key, by the way. From that link you provided, I even type in "help", but like I mentioned before, that just brings up things like graphics adjustment, the game's engine parameters, etc.

Did you find some "codes" to type in here? I remember the old days of the original Quake, and after pressing the "~" tilde key, you'd type in "god", and guess what? You'd take no damage....infinite health.

Where's my screenshot folder?!?! This just gets better and better.
Pez

^no i don't know any codes.

Anyway, if there is no other trainers that actually work then just play the game without them, or buy the trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom