PC game lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, why is the 8500GT bad? I tryed looking for reviews but didn't find anything.

Are you saying the card is **** in general or that its not working well with his other specs.

Pros: DX10 and Purevideo2

Cons: Everything else, useful only as a Media Center or HTPC card or a PC Gamer Card if you don't play very up-to-date games, performs on par with 7300gt and is gonna struggle in DX10 games (why get a low-end dx10 card if you have to drop the settings to play with the eye candy)

thats my personal review of it...

Bioshock was the only game from that list I was able to play with 100% graphic settings.....why is that the case? I don't get it. :confused:

did you even read what i said??? 2nd post in the thread... omg... you people irritate me so much....

blame that 8500gt... it stinks.. and its being bottlenecked by your q6600 (8500gt is on par with a 7300gt) so get atleast a 7900gs or something... i highly recommend the 8800gts 320mb...

definately upgrade your card. I'll bet money that that's the issue. I'm not completely savvy with hardware, but I do know that you are running a very low end card, esp with the games you have listed. DX10 on a 256 card... why'd they even do that???

definately upgrade your card. I'll bet money that that's the issue. I'm not completely savvy with hardware, but I do know that you are running a very low end card, esp with the games you have listed. DX10 on a 256 card... why'd they even do that???

you were right on... til you said what was in bold...

the 8800gt is gonna be a 256mb card and its gonna be good.... RAM means nothing... its just the performance... based on Core Clock and Memory Clock speed

wow, Gateway really screwed me huh....that sucks. well I thank you guys for all of your help!

ya... you should have built one yourself.... but why not buy a good video card now? tell your budget...

you were right on... til you said what was in bold...

the 8800gt is gonna be a 256mb card and its gonna be good.... RAM means nothing... its just the performance... based on Core Clock and Memory Clock speed

Moar RAM = higher resolutions, although 256 will get you by @ 1280x1024, but forget 1600x1200 (and widescreen equivalents) and ultra high-res textures, my card has 256mb of vram and it has to progressively load textures when I set them to ultra high, like in Crysis or UT3, like I'd go into a room and the textures take time to load

I used to think that anything beyond 1280x1024 would not yield a noticeable difference, boy was I wrong :confused: 1280x1024 looks sub-par to me now, lol, I remember the days when I was satisfied with 1024x768, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom