Out of memory exception

According to that you have less than a gig free of RAM and the program itself is is taking almost a gig itself. I suggest closing out of ALL background tasks and programs including your browser when playing. Give the program some room to breath.

thank you. I have cleared a lot already.
its just strange as I never had a problem then suddenly i did.
do you know which tasks i close as the ones I looked say they are important - windows services, windows defender updates, mcafee, perfmon, spybot, etc. any suggestions?

Anything running in your taskbar near the clock can go (like A/V, anti-spyware, whatever), and if you want to disable services I can point you to a list of things you can safely disable. Another thing to note, is most 32bit games crash once they go over the 3GB mark. From that screenshot you have a ways to go, but it could happen. Lots of reports of memory hog.

As a guideline, when I game even with 16GB of RAM and a quad (or even when I had a hex and 64GB of RAM) I close everything out. On boot and during games I typically only have about 33 or 35 processes in Windows 7.

closing those things didn't make much difference.
the big processes that are soaking up memory are ones I cant shut - perfmon, explorer, mcshield, etc.
I could turn more things off but how much do I need to remove?

even superfetch seemed to do little.

Well, how much RAM do you have currently? If you have a low amount of RAM those things could have just been paged on the HDD making little difference to actual RAM usage.
As to the game, there really isn't much I can recommend besides making sure ALL programs are shut down (browser, a/v, messaging programs, ect) before playing the game and trying to minimize RAM usage. Since I don't know what exactly is causing the problem and Google isn't much help he only thing I can say is experiment with it.

4GB but 32-bit only utilizes 3gb now.

everything is shut down and only running the game which shouldn't be that taxing on my pc but somehow it is.

been playing around on it for ages, trying all these different things to fix it. such a pain!

Back
Top Bottom