Origin Permissions Problem.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Anybody having a problem launching Origin? The .exe seems to be broke on the latest update. I installed a fresh copy of Windows on my server for my friend to use and I can't seem to get it to work properly. I go to launch it and it pops up with a security permissions issue and Google doesn't have much on it. I'm not the only one but the last answered problem I saw on their forums was from December. Their answer was to download a zipped copy of the installed program and run that instead. Well, the latest update is causing this so that wont work.

My Origin updated fine a day or so ago- but I restarted the Mass Effect series- finished ME1 - started ME2 and my Katzumi DLC crashes at the end of her loyalty mission- I just purchased it as something new to do in the second play through and it crashes the game= "bummer" - need to uninstall that DLC - no idea how. Also read you can create a new shortcut and somehow choose to have "no movie play" and that has worked for others that have had the same crash at the end of that mission.

It seems to be hit and miss for me. It fails about 25% of the time.

My error was the .exe was disappearing and it was acting like it didn't have ownership in the programs x86 folder. A format fixed the issue.

PP - saw you in and out of Origin yesterday when I was messing around with ME2- figured something was up as you kept going in and out.

Wasn't my account that was doing it. It was my spare account on my guest PC. I was going in and out betwee 5 and 9 because of internet issues.

Back
Top Bottom