The orange box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
k, i picked up the orange box the other day and tryed to install it, say it needs an internet connection to update ur comp so i let it do that (for half an hour) then i go through the install stuff and i can't seem to play any of the games offline, like i have dial up and my fastest download speed is 5kb/s (i don't want to and can't use these online, so is there a way to use them offline, i thought the orange bow was just a buddle of games , but instead its a a nightmare. it doesn't say anywhere on the box that u need a fast internet connection (of course u would need one for team fortress 2 , i was planing on playing it using lan) please help me

yes i tryed that but it said my games arn't ready to be played offline, do i have to do something to make them ready offline?

So you actually bought a physical disc? I purchased them and downloaded them through Steam so I'm not sure how offline works. My suggestion would be to try and find a no-cd or something.

well yeah, i had to buy the disc, i have a very slow internet connection, and it sayd nothing on the box about it needing the internet so im gona return it and pick up half life 2 by itself (its doesn't need this stupid steam program does it?

yes it does

It sucks that you don't have access to a better Internet service, otherwise, Steam is an excellent service.

Althoug.. I don't see why it wouldn't work, can you give me a screenshot of your games list on steam?

Hold on, thats crazy! How can they sell you a bit of software and not allow you to use it? particularly if it doesn't say on the box that you need an internet connection? Not everyone can use steam!

You can certainly get games from steam that don't need an internet connection if you buy the disk from a shop, although I'm not sure if thats true for the steam versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom