The one thing about MP PC games I don't like

Status
Not open for further replies.
My clan uses TS so it is second nature to fire it up when I game. BF2 has VOIP, but I use it very, very seldom (I actually have to stop and think which keys it is).

I much prefer private TS/Vent servers to public ones. My clan's TS used to be open. Every time I got on to play one or two German pre-teens would be on it screaming in hyper-sonic tones. it makes my sking crawl to even remember it... Or some kid would come on and want to talk about the meaning of life and where babies come from (I'm not kidding, had it happen several times).

It's also fun to just fire up TS/Vent and shoot the breeze with friends from around the world. It's hard talking to Keyboard Cowboy due to the major lag of it traveling halfway around the world, but he is one cool dude. I can say the same about several others here, like HAVOC and Mikesgroovin and Saxon (if you can understand that bloody accent of his!).

Never been a console gamer, don't even own one, so I can't comment on those.

I think text is enough. I get tired of all the negative remarks from people in the chat. I would definitely not want to hear them as well. I guess it would be okay if you and some friends are talking to each other.

That is where having your own ventrillo server is good. If some one starts talking BS, the abmin can easily mute, kick, ban hammer them

I dunno, Mikey. Saxon is a scouser and b0dge ain't. Might be more akin to water and sodium...

Aah! I would hate to have to listen to some of the people you get on game servers!
Private conversations ftw, i wouldn't want to be talking to my friend only to have some guy i don't know interrupting and telling me how 7331 he is. Skype all the way :rolleyes:

I dunno, Mikey. Saxon is a scouser and b0dge ain't. Might be more akin to water and sodium...

Me and Saxon have spoken a bit. Also, i was born very close to liverpool. However, if I remember correctly, Saxon is a Liverpool FC fan. I'm an everton fan, and i don't think he'd want to discuss liverpool's recent FA cup departure...

I avoid games that request me to speak rather then type, and while I dont mind listening to some people, I'm not afraid to tell them I'd rather read what they have to say then hear it... especially people who cant control the distance they sit from their microphone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom