The one thing about MP PC games I don't like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I'm a console gamer first and PC gamer second. Well that is how it always was but now I'd say it's 50/50. The one thing that keeps me going back to Xbox LIVE over PC gaming for MP games is open game chat.

Why doesn't every PC game that has a MP side to it not have some sort of built in mic setup where you can plug in your mic and talk away as soon as you connect to the game server? I think it's pretty lame you have to use some 3rd party software to talk to people.

I think most of them seem to have it built in, the newer ones at least. No one uses it though because 3rd party is better.

Btw, I'm a pc gamer first, and ps3 gamer second 85/15.

I think text is enough. I get tired of all the negative remarks from people in the chat. I would definitely not want to hear them as well. I guess it would be okay if you and some friends are talking to each other.

It's just me but I find the lack of chat on a lot of pc games refreshing. I'm getting older now and (forgive the stereotype but) I really can't stand a bunch of 12yo pre-teen boys screaming sex sounds and being smart...es :/
If there are people worth talking to (i.e. friends) it's much easier to run a third party app. That way you can keep chatting if in different games, or if someone gets booted etc..

That's just me though. Jumping on ventrillo is no more difficult than signing in to xbox live.

It's just me but I find the lack of chat on a lot of pc games refreshing. I'm getting older now and (forgive the stereotype but) I really can't stand a bunch of 12yo pre-teen boys screaming sex sounds and being smart...es :/
If there are people worth talking to (i.e. friends) it's much easier to run a third party app. That way you can keep chatting if in different games, or if someone gets booted etc..

That's just me though. Jumping on ventrillo is no more difficult than signing in to xbox live.

I couldn't have said it better myself... lol bravo!

You are able to mute people on LIVE with the click of a button.

I just think PC games these days should have that option.

lol snow, yeah you're probably right. Though my play schedule is irratic and at messed up hours of the night so actually getting to know people is a real job :/

I dunno. I don't really want the hassle of muting everyone every time I join a game :/ I didn't notice the option on xbox. probably because I try to avoid playing it whenever possible.

I'm not against it or anything. It would be great for most people

All I would want is one master mute all voice button in options so I wouldn't have to mute a dozen people every game i join.

I guess D3 will have integrated voice. I'm praying they have a turn off option. I hate to say it but a huge percentage of the diablo fanbase are REALLY freaking annoying lol. Ever read the forums? ick :/

well the new thing with LIVE now is Party Chat which I am in most of the time. It allows your friends and friends "friends" come and go in and out of the chat no matter what game you are playing. works well and the only time I run across little brats is when I play alone. However I have a 8 year old daughter so the noise they make goes in ear and out the other with out notice some times.

Jedi Dad trick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom