which one should i buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
which of these first person shooter should i buy? i want the one that is better for single player, because i can't play multiplayer with my dial up

1-Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 3: Advanced Warfighter
2-SIN Episodes: Emergence
3-Timeshift

I'm not exaggerating, or trying to be a tech-whore noob, but don't get Ghost Recon, your system will barely run it. My freind with an Athlon 64 2800, 1GB RAM, and vanilla 6800 got about 25fps. I'm not going to try it becauase I know that my system would hardly play it.

I'm dead serious, just read any review about it. And don't think that a PhysX card will help either, because they actually REDUCE performance by adding more geometry and particles. GRAW isn't worth it. Just download the demo and see for yourself.

1: GRAW is good but I would DL the demo first and see if it runs on your machine, I've run the demo and it runs OK on mine. It's actually quite a good game and I enjoyed the demo enough to go out and buy it soon. here's the link for the demo - http://www.eurogamer.net/file_service_files.php?action=show_file&file_id=483
2:SIN Episodes:Emergence is brilliant. I've just finished it and it took me about 5-6 hours but it's only episodic, so don't expect a full game. It's not as realistic as HL2 but it still rocks. The graphics are superb, the story feels right and the boss fights are awesome. Well worth the £12 ($20) I paid for it.
3:Timeshift has been delayed and Atari have sold the rights to Seirra and they are sorting out the problems that were apparant in the SP demo. Check out the seirra website for more info link below
http://www.sierra.com/product.do?gamePlatformId=1924
Demo - http://www.gamedaily.com/download/info/?packageid=0078700922
So personally I would go for Sin and then GRAW.

Ghost Recon is great, it pushes your machine but not like Oblivion does. This is my first Ghost Recon game, so i guess this is how they are - but i wish it was more fast paced. still good tho, ill get back into it in a couple minutes

anyway i bought SIN Episodes:Emergence,
it is very good game, the graphics is like HL2, but the gameplay is better than hl2 and it is more fun.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
I'm not exaggerating, or trying to be a tech-whore noob, but don't get Ghost Recon, your system will barely run it. My freind with an Athlon 64 2800, 1GB RAM, and vanilla 6800 got about 25fps. I'm not going to try it becauase I know that my system would hardly play it.

I'm dead serious, just read any review about it. And don't think that a PhysX card will help either, because they actually REDUCE performance by adding more geometry and particles. GRAW isn't worth it. Just download the demo and see for yourself.

Actually, the PhysX card processes the physical data in those games, and they free up CPU power because the CPU now only handles the graphics and loading..etc

So i would say it wouldn't reduce performance, nor it will improve performance.

maroon1 said:
anyway i bought SIN Episodes:Emergence,
it is very good game, the graphics is like HL2, but the gameplay is better than hl2 and it is more fun.

Im also a hardcore source player...is it really worth the money?

yes, i think it worth the money, the game is very good, if u like HL2, i think u will love this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom