Older games... Are fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexaroni

Daemon Poster
Hey, I have been going on an old school gaming kick lately, with the REAL old games like Doom 2 and Leisure Suit Larry, to the newer games like Icewind Dale 2 and Black & White.

I am really liking Icewind Dale 2, and am curious if there are any newer games that are anything like this, but a little simpler. As a total newb to PC style RPG's, Diablo 2 is about my limit. Does anyone know of a good game that is newer that follows this formula?

Thanks,
Dex

You might try Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity for your rpg fix, not to mention ice wind dale 1.
LSL is definitely one of the more enjoyable gaming experiences that I've had, I' ve played them all. 6+7 are the best imo because they finally added a talking narrator :)

What is this LSL that you are talking about?

And gothic 2 is definitely on my to get list.

I recently picked up Oblivion, but on DVD, and I dont have a DVD drive in my computer, so I have to wait till I get a few bucks to pick one up.

Gothic 2 is hard as ****. It's interesting, though.

I just started playing Icewind Dale II again myself. Once NWN2's price drops I'll probably pick that up.

I find that a lot of the other games have much better game play and some of the newer ones.

Now days, I find that game designers have forgotten FUN in replacement for MutliPlayer and Eye Candy Graphics.

I have baulders gate 2, which would you suggest I play, Icewind Dale 2, or Baulders Gate 2? I am really open to either, as I have heard they are quite good. Unfortunately, I can see myself having no time to play other games once Oblivion is installed...

jorsoft03 said:
LSL=Leisure Suit Larry

great game that was, i remember playing it about 7-8 years ago when i was 14-15 :D where can i download this game? is it free?(should be as its so old!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom