Old School: War Craft II help

Status
Not open for further replies.

guiniveve

Beta member
My husband and I are trying to play Warcraft II, which we haven't done in about 6 years. We share the same IP address (we have a cable router/hub) so we can not use Battle.net.

My computer is a Dell Pentium II 2 ghz 512 DDR2 RAM with Windows XP Office SS2. I have installed the drivers for a IPX connection on my computer. It seems to be working. It will allow me to create a game,etc.

The problem occurs with my husbands computer. He just built a new comp and I am not sure what the hard specs are, but I know that it is running Windows XP 64-bit. He downloads the IPX drivers (I think they are drivers-Iam not sure if you would call them that or just protocal) and it shows them as being there, but then when he tries to access the connection it says that there is now IPX connection detected.

We have a firewall, but have disabled and that hasn't helped.

Someone told me that IPX technology is just too old to work with a 64-bit operating system. Does anyone know if this is true or can anyone offer any advice?

I haven't been able to get Warcraft II to work on my xp Pro let alone 64-bit version. Personally I'd say it's too old and if you're going to do any old school gaming you'd be better off getting a couple of old desktops or laptops and setting those up, that's what I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom