old game error please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudelove4009

Beta member
i bought an old soccer game called fifa 2000 that is not compatible with win xp which i didnt realise when i bought it. the game installs but when you go to play it from the desktop a screen opens but then i get a microsoft error saying there was a fifa 2006 icd error. i have tried running incompatibility with win 95 and 98 but no good. i have also tried a few different game patches and fixes but none worked. i have tried updating drivers and also tried some sort of microsoft patch.the game patches i tried where no cd patches i thought id try them even though i have the genuine cd and the microsoft patch was for some of their old games that had similiar problem,i have since wiped all those things and done a fresh install of the game but still no good. my question is i have a 80 gb hard drive partioned into two 40gb drives can i put win98 on the 40gb partition that has nothing on it and run my game through win98.

jorsoft03 said:
Yes, but you have to install win98 first on one, then xp on the other.

Unless you want to have to repair the boot files manually, its not that hard really.

Edit: I followed the procedure outlined at this site Here

xp home fifa2000 fix

thanks all for help but after two days of non stop trying to get this game to run it was actually something really simple.i had a fifa2000 icd error come up when trying to play the game,ive been given all sorts of advice like run virtual pc,install win 98,download patches all of these did nothing for me including running in compatibility mode.now i was also told that because i have a 4in1 card that that was my problem and also that fifa 2000 simply wont work on xp home.well the reason im writing all this is in case someone has tyhe same problem in the future hopefully this helps.all i did was gogto help-then try run old games-then program compatibility wizard which i ran with no compatibility but the next option give u a choice of a:run in 256 colour b:run in 640+800 or c:turn off windows visual themes.All i had to do was check c:turn of visual themes and presto my games working now 100%........thanks to those who tried to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom