The Official Tech-Forums Battlefield Bad Company 2 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Has Battlefield Bad Company 2 online problem fix yet??

I will have to check next time I load the game.

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I am having a little problem. Whevever I make a change to my system, whether it be hardware or software, the game will crash. For example, I plugged some heaphones into the soundcard and when I try to load a game, the screen will turn white and I have to manually restart it. As soon as I unplugged the headphones, it would work fine. Just today, I installed the driver for my Logitech G9x mouse and when I tried to join a server, it would crash to the desktop with no message either time. I have not uninstalled the driver just yet but I would bet that is what is causing it to crash.

Has their been any other reports of this?

Glad I made you laugh harder than last time, i even had my pants on this time.
Good call hadn't tried admin rights, have never had to to fix problems before (since loading win 7). It did however make absolutely no difference (and my router is configured correctly as well). The server browser is half the issue due to the time it takes to load servers and trying to add a server to fav's takes nearly as long. Strangly enough trollin the web looking for fixes is what got me to this forum so plenty enough time spent looking.

You made me laugh harder then ever before.

Ping doesn't show? run the game with admin rights. Right click>Run as Administrator. Patches fixed most of the issues except the speed issue, but like a mentioned earlier there are ways to speed it up. If you dislike the play now feature, USE THE SERVER BROWSER. All your problems take 30 seconds or less to fix.

bollock, a quick internet search will bring your statement to an end. EA forums/ twitter can help a lot too. there have also been at least 2 patches since game release. Random drops, "can't connect to ea online" and all of that have been fixed.

All in all It is a great multiplayer experience and I hope you do the proper research to aid in your decision. Don't base your option on my opinion based on the sheer fact mine might be different. BUT I am here to let you know most of the problems have been or are going to be worked out with current and future patches.

1) never played or installed the beta, 2) steam installs don't require me to patch as it is automatic, 3)why would i waste my time slamming a game i didn't pay good money for ? I would actually like the gaming industry to do well as to keep producing entertaining games that I would be happy to part with my hard earned cash for. However in my opinion this game (in it's current state) is not one of them as could be said of several others purchased in the recent past from EA.

oh and at least overlord offered up some suggestions when he was flaming me :yum:

I gotta echo overlord's comments.

I have always had ping to show on the released game, but I don't remember if it was on the beta or not. I have never used the "Play Now" feature as I like to know what kind of server I am joining, what the ping is, and what options are in use on the server in stead of being dropped blindly into a game. All my server choices are recorded as well.

It sounds to me like you have either 1) have only played the beta, 2) only played a non-patched version of the game, or 3) have not played the game and are only looking for a way to slam it.

Trust me, mate... if I were flaming you no one would have any doubts about it. We see too many who like to pound the drums against their pet peeves.

BFBC2 isn't perfect by any means. Most here haven't really had a problem with it. My only problem is getting it as the focus of Win7. It opens up fine, but it is windowed. I have to make two-five attempts before it becomes full screen. But that's the only real problem outside of a couple of crashes. I played BF2 forever so a crash is not a huge deal to me.

Fair call. I too was a huge battlefield fan and I think this has added to the disappointment. Maybe I am just getting old and need to submit to the age of the console :cry:

Maybe I am just getting old and need to submit to the age of the console
Never. ;) I left consoles when I walked away from the Super Nintendo. I'll soon be 42 and have no desire to return to it. I've tried playing some Xbox and Xbox 360 and it ain't for me. I can do too much with my PC besides gaming.

Well all I want to know is Bad Company 2 the best fps on PC right now beside Counter Strike?

And fry has Bad Company 2 for $40 for a limited time, thought you guys might want to know.

Also I heard that for PC it 32 player multi-player but on the dvd case it said 24, I'm guessing they made a mistake?

It's a pretty fun game. 32 multi-player, some servers cap at 24. Maybe conquest is 24...I'm not sure, I don't play enough conquest..

Well all I want to know is Bad Company 2 the best fps on PC right now beside Counter Strike?

And fry has Bad Company 2 for $40 for a limited time, thought you guys might want to know.

Also I heard that for PC it 32 player multi-player but on the dvd case it said 24, I'm guessing they made a mistake?

despite my *****ing @ $40 it is worth a look.

Rush and Conquest are both 32 man and Squad deathmatch is 16 while Squad Rush is only 8.

Got to play a little with Luke and iFargle last night. I actually got a few kills against some good opponents (not Luke or iFargle :p). I'm finally starting to get the hang of the game. Now if I only had hours to play or could stand to sit and play for hours, I might actually start gaining some ranks...

Seems the stats userbars are screwed and not updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom