The Official Tech-Forums Battlefield Bad Company 2 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonifide_C

Baseband Member
Just as the title say.

I am hesitant to buy Battlefield Bad Company 2 because of all the report of it not working for online play. I am not going to shell out 50 bucks just to play single player which I don't even bother with anyway.

I really want to play BC2 because it the only decent shooter out there right now and if you guys can tell me if the problem has be fix or not or should I continue to wait?:confused:

Thanks

Re: Has Battlefield Bad Company 2 online problem fix yet??

From what I have seen and read, yes.

The initial impact on the servers was more than EA had thought it would be on all fronts... 360, PS3, and PC. The consoles were fixed pretty quick, and EA has put resources into play for the PC.

From the OfficialBFBC2 twitter feed:
EA Maintenance has now completed. All new hardware is in place and ready to server your BFBC2 needs.
6:42 AM Mar 13th

I am not sure if EA has given the green light for providers to start putting up new game servers as they had them on hold, but the new hardware should have put everything in order to do so.

Basically, get it and jump in. :D

Not yet. I'm actually here because the server browser timed out a couple times in a row so I'm giving it a few minutes. It's still a pain in the ***.

As of right now the only issues I have with the game is the super slow loading server browser (never had it time out, just takes 3-4 minutes to load which is annoying) and a rare random crash to desktop (with no error, happens maybe once every other day after long game sessions).

I have BC2 for PC, and whenever I would get on, I had to fight to keep connection.

In the last 4-5 days, I've only had 1 disconnect from the dreaded PunkBuster. Now every time I get online, I don't have that cringing "walking on ice" feeling like I had before. It's pretty solid now.

As of right now the only issues I have with the game is the super slow loading server browser (never had it time out, just takes 3-4 minutes to load which is annoying) and a rare random crash to desktop (with no error, happens maybe once every other day after long game sessions).

Oh I forgot about this too. I have a random desktop crash as well, but not quite as often as every other day. I'd say 1-2 times a week with heavy play. It's a PITA cause I'd be sitting there looking at my blank desktop, whereas 2 seconds prior I was zooming in on an enemy's head with the M24 about to pull the trigger.

What OS are you using? I'm gaming on Vista Ultimate. I'm wondering if there's a pattern between Windows version vs game that may be an issue, or if it's just the game itself all together.

A lot of people have had problems and a lot of people are still having problems. I personally haven't had half the problems people ***** about. Get the game it is AMAZING! Very worth it!

Faster Server Browser:

Click Cancel
Select all the boxes to the right
Click Search

Loads in seconds.

"Now quit your *****in and go play Battlefield: Bad Company 2"

Works flawlessly for me. Server Browser is pretty slow to load, but like overlord pointed out there's a trick to that.

DICE is working on revamping the server browser as well.

A lot of people have had problems and a lot of people are still having problems. I personally haven't had half the problems people ***** about. Get the game it is AMAZING! Very worth it!

Faster Server Browser:

Click Cancel
Select all the boxes to the right
Click Search

Loads in seconds.

"Now quit your *****in and go play Battlefield: Bad Company 2"

Haha nice! I will be getting it as soon as I'm back up at school. Can't wait!

hope you haven't been fooled by the few positive responses you got. PC online version of this game is still a dog. Ping doesn't appear, play now feature joins you to random games on the otherside of the world, your history doesn't record games you have joined from the server browser menu (after it has taken 5 minutes to load up the server browser menu list). Single player version is mildly better. so if you are happy with an average single player game go and spend your cash. If not don't support another average release from EA and dice. Yet another good franchise raped for quick cash.:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom