Official ARK Thread

Lol was thinking of getting on but have not played much lately, got in with a few friends on a PVP server with mods that give fast resources, may start playing more but with my hours not too many people are on when I can play in the wee hours of the morning.

My server is PVPVE with 3x harvest/respawn and 10x training with a 2.0 night cycle for new guys (since the dark is a bitch). I also just modified the EP system so it's easier to learn things and you can learn all engrams by level 85.

I just wish you could rename your character after the fact. I imported in my SP guy, but used the default name for it when I made it...lol. So I'm 'Bob' on the server...lol.

Gonna maybe look into seeing if I can whip up a script to change all instances of a player name in the config files or something.

I just wish you could rename your character after the fact. I imported in my SP guy, but used the default name for it when I made it...lol. So I'm 'Bob' on the server...lol.

Gonna maybe look into seeing if I can whip up a script to change all instances of a player name in the config files or something.
I think I can change it for you, but it might break things. I'll have a look after lunch.

I think I can change it for you, but it might break things. I'll have a look after lunch.

That's why I was wondering if modifying the actual files via a script that's basically just a "find and replace in these files" PowerShell script (or something) would work better without breaking things, since it would replace all instances everywhere. I'll try it out tonight maybe on my SP backup saves.

The problem being your character and all affiliated objects are loaded on the server. I would need to change your name server side within the game somehow so all objects would hopefully reaffiliate with your survivor.

The problem being your character and all affiliated objects are loaded on the server. I would need to change your name server side within the game somehow so all objects would hopefully reaffiliate with your survivor.

Yeah I know - the script would have to be run on the server; but that's if you even felt like taking the time to run it.

I mean for testing if the script actually works I can run it on my backup saves to see if it would even work or not.

Back
Top Bottom