Official ARK Thread

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Would anybody be interested in an ARK server? I have a dual Xeon blade I want to deploy and I'm about to put a Xeon in my personal server. Drogos said some people here might be interested so figured I'd put the word out.
If there isn't much interest in this I could always host something else.

Ark server has been up. Right now it's vanilla settings until I get all the admin stuff figured out through command. Had a few people play on it.

I didn't really want to play, but I have put a few hours into it. All I can say is, it's real hard to start. I was dying time after time until I spawned in a decent place to gather resources.

If anybody wants me to make any other server let me know. For now I have plenty of resources.

My wife has it, but hasn't been able to play it because her laptop can't play it very well, even on the lowest settings. Was hoping for some optimizations coming - either that, or I'll have to upgrade my desktop sooner than I thought so she has something to play it on.

My wife has it, but hasn't been able to play it because her laptop can't play it very well, even on the lowest settings. Was hoping for some optimizations coming - either that, or I'll have to upgrade my desktop sooner than I thought so she has something to play it on.
Dude, the game isn't that pretty and it shrekts my Titan X. (Doesn't use SLI)

Yeah I knew it wasn't optimized at all really yet...kept telling her to hold off on buying it but of course she didn't listen; she was just too excited for the fact that it was a game with dinosaurs and such lol.

If she wants dinosaurs why not play Orion?

Probably because I hadn't shown her anything about Orion, since I hadn't really looked into it either :lol:.

We were both burned by The Stomping Land, and Ark looked like a good replacement (with active development).

Back
Top Bottom