Oblivion Problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
I'm having a weird Oblivion problem. Any time I try to run the game at 1600x1200 the game will freeze up and stop responding at the main menu. Only happens when I try to use that res. I don't understand it. I know my comp and card can handle it. Any ideas?

I dont know why it freezes instead of just running incredibly slow but either way, avoid that res. Even though you do have wicked specs, 2 7900gtx's in SLI cant run the game at that res I'd think, stick with 1280x1024.

Unless the problem is that you are using an LCD monitor with a max res of 1280x0124 then I dont know why it would freeze. If you do have an LCD with that res are you sure it's freezing, or just not displaying?

Mr_Threepwood said:
I dont know why it freezes instead of just running incredibly slow but either way, avoid that res. Even though you do have wicked specs, 2 7900gtx's in SLI cant run the game at that res I'd think, stick with 1280x1024.

Unless the problem is that you are using an LCD monitor with a max res of 1280x0124 then I dont know why it would freeze. If you do have an LCD with that res are you sure it's freezing, or just not displaying?

Actually, I tried running it again today at 1600x1200 and it so far has run like a champ! (knock on wood) LOL Maybe my comp just needed a restart or something, but whatever it was it wouldnt allow me to use that res last night. Weird.

I dont know it it really stresses the visuals that bad. I think TonCrafter has most of the special **** enabled, but i turn it off and my 7800GT runs 1920x1200 fine.

Wish I had the HDR though.... 300 dollars later maybe ill SLI for the resolutiton... or no.

Alex81388 said:
I dont know it it really stresses the visuals that bad. I think TonCrafter has most of the special **** enabled, but i turn it off and my 7800GT runs 1920x1200 fine.

Wish I had the HDR though.... 300 dollars later maybe ill SLI for the resolutiton... or no.

Yeah, I've got the game maxed out. I think 1600x1200 is the furthest I can go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom