Oblivion Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ren0nie0

Baseband Member
I;ve been playing oblivion at 800x600 w/ hdr on . after a while it freezes on me or crashes my computer. i have a e6600 gigabyte dq6, 2 gb ddr2 ram, and vanilla evga 7900gt. i thought i'd be able to play this thing on a little higher settings with this rig... is this a hardware defeciency or something else? Please HELP.

do you have all shadows and reflections etc. up?? and yes I would sya you should be able to play at higher then that. cause I am playing on a vanilla 6600 and can run on mostly low settings but at 1280x1024.

I would check out drivers and see if there any updates.

Have you got a legit version of the game? If you have a pirated version, maybe something is wrong in that respect? Also, what the **** are you doing playing a game on 800x600 with a 7900GT?! Completely defeats the purpose.

^haha yeah^ you woulda been better off w/ a 1900 type card for that low of res. 7900's are better at high res but it's a lot closer for low res and 1900's are cheaper...you probably know that though since you bought that expensive of stuff. Or else you're a rich little kid who bought it w/ parents' money and didn't research any parts...lol i'm just kidding around man.

i've heard that there aren't any cards out there than can max out oblivion anyways. maybe increase res but decrease settings a little and see what that does. my guess is that it's just trying to multi-task too much. maybe turn down AA a little bit. etc

and it'd be helpful for a list of what your visual settings are so we know if you're maxing out the card or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom