Oblivion Needs a Patch, ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
wow. I've been playing this game now for a few days and although i'm extremely impressed, i'm also pretty upset. I've played tis game for about 10 hours and i've found SO many bugs. Some are minor, others are huge annoyances.

For example: Try jumping up an incline "Stairs, hill, rock" if you are running and jump at the right time your character will slide, then you will be stuck into a SUPER SLOW MOTION character. The only way to get out of it is closing the game and restarting it. This has happened to me a bunch of times. I've actaully be able to recreate it when I want to.

I had a painted horse that slipped down a hill. It multipled inot two horses? How I have no idea? There was a certain part of a quest that I was in and everytime I opened a specfic door, the game would crash.

Tons of other things too, but it's too late and I need to get some sleep.

Anyone else find anything?

im so sick of that game shutting down on me...

not as sick of that as i am being a vampire..

im too lazy to go get my 442434 grand soul gems though

Wow, i've played for like 50hrs and I havent found any significant bugs, I've had a grand total of 1 CTD and if got stuck on terain a couple of times, but thats it.

I bought it the other day and installed it. As soon as I double clicked the icon on the desktop and it started up I knew something was wrong. All the cutscenes and the Bethesda logo on startup are stopping and starting. It's like someone pressing pause and play on a dvd player. The only way to stop it is to disable the sound via the device manager but then I've got no sound. I phoned the tech guys and they were stumped aswell. I ended up formatting my hard drive but it's still the same. The actual game itself plays fine, it's just the cutscene at the beggining (the one with Patrick Stewart)and all the logos on startup. It's really weird, I just hope they sort it out but it dosen't bother me that much as long as there aren't loads of cut scenes, as there unwatchable.

Just last night I got stuck between a roof beam and bed. I couldnt get down for crap. I had to restart. lol

I forgot to mention. I also get the stupid 'Serious Error' on closing of OB as well. Just started yesterday. Up until then it had not done it at all. Weird.

Ive had no problem cept little game play annoyances. Liek the whole difficulty thing and how i can barely find anything better than steel armor and silver weapons. Other than that its fine and i STILL cant find that Martin guy!!!

mine hasn't been that bad actually ive just had to restart mabye two or three times and ive had the game since it came out

I've only had a couple problems. One time I went through a door in the planes of Oblivion, and the game died and went to desktop. I went back to the game and went throught the same door without a hitch.

I think this is somewhat expected on games that have SO MUCH hype built up. If the game doesn't get released on time, a huge amount of people are going to notice, and be quite upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom