Oblivion Framerates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexaroni

Daemon Poster
Hey, I have a question regarding framerates.

I have Oblivion running at 1024x768 resolution, on Ultra High graphics, with no AA on, and I am getting around 60 FPS inside dungeons, 40 outside, and 25 in heavily populated towns. Is this about right for my system? The specs are in my sig.

Be happy with your FPS. Oblivion is one tough game, graphically.

yeah, its one of those games where you're just happy if its playable. I'm lucky because my system is only just good enough to play with distant lands maxed and HDR which make quite a difference to the look of the game.

Yayz.

I turned off HDR, and removed fading trees, and now I am getting about 10 fps more on all fronts.

I love my computer.

Ya, with my 7900gs I am at 1280x1024 with hdr lighting on and all settings on high with distant land and trees. grass just so that you dont see much of it appearing and no grass shaders.

I get about 30 constant fps outside. Heavily grassy areas about 25 or so.

Turning off grass helps an awful lot. Also, for older graphics cards (like your 9550, Deathhawk) you can run Old Oblivion. It changes Oblivion's settings to optimize it for older shader versions and such. It worked great on my old laptop that had a radeon 9600.
http://www.oldblivion.com/
Just download and run it, very simple.

i use gamespots "make it pretty" mod pack, does improved the raphics somewhat but there's not a major difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom